Fortress America - How do you win with America???

• Could someone let me in on a winning strategy for America?  I have played and lost as America twice now and am wondering if anyone has any strategies as those partisan cards are so random.

RB

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Dang, it’s been a LONG time since I played that…wish we had an electronic version of it as we do with Axis and Allies.

All I can say is you have to go war of attrition.  Remember, your invaders only get the units in their trays, once destroyed they can never get them back.  You, on the other hand, do get them back as they are destroyed, plus partisans, etc.

That’s the only tactic I’ve been able to reach.  That and never attack unless you get the red, white and blue dice, otherwise, strategic withdrawels with strafes are your only options.

• The main thing is the go against the eastern force first. Once you stiffle them you can concentrate on the southern player. They cant get much past Texas or your done. The key is to crush the east and fight the south with the balance of your forces. The west is nothing more than a delay tactic as you got alot of space to slow them down. A good tactic is to try to retake western border cities with those partisans once all pieces are in play. Those invaders will have to protect the cities and hold them. I allways lazer the bombers and choppers because they are quite nasty.

Agreed.  Bombers are nasty, but they are cute!

• Well, I’ve tried the attrition strategy.  The only thing is that you HAVE to recapture cities from the enemy forces to get extra partisan cards.  I actually almost pulled it off one time, but I couldn’t retake my last city and ended up losing on the 10th or 11th turn.

Is it a better idea to save your lasers until you are ready to attack a territory or just use them to destroy the bombers???

Thanks for the info you two.

P.S.  Imperious, have you tried out those two games yet (Market Garden and Sealion???)  Let me know what you think about them as I am always looking for feedback.  Thanks man!

RB

I always went with bombers every round.  They have good movement and strong attack capabilities.  Better to just kill em off.

• You got to keep your bombers together out of the range of enemy choppers as well.

• Okay.  Thanks for the tips.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m