• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I seem to remember reading somewhere that in AAR you could no longer bring your transports into battle to be taken as casualties?  Only defenders could have transports in the battle, as they actually had the ability to fire upon the enemy.

Could I get confirmation?

• Transports can go into battle, they just don’t have any offensive capablities.  And they can be used as good fodder.

We’re positive of this?  I just don’t want it thrown in my face that I cannot if we still can.  I know in AA 2nd Ed you could, but I thought I read that you lost that ability in revised….

• Jennifer,

I’m with Gen Fox on this.  Nothing has changed from 2nd edition AA to Revised AA about transports in combat.

• 2007 AAR League

The battle board even has a spot on the attaker side for transports with an attack value of Zero.

Thanks.  Just wanted to confirm that. :)  Always good to have cannon fodder….that’s what the Army is for, and that’s what transports are for!

• @jsp4563:

The battle board even has a spot on the attaker side for transports with an attack value of Zero.

And as came up in the Allied fleets on “attack” discussion here and at Harris Game Design, that battle board is more than jsut a playing aid, it is indeed part of the rules themsevles.  So, a zero attack space for TRN’s means that under teh rules, TRNs can attack (they just can’t hit anything)

@ncscswitch:

@jsp4563:

And as came up in the Allied fleets on “attack” discussion here and at Harris Game Design, that battle board is more than jsut a playing aid, it is indeed part of the rules themsevles.  So, a zero attack space for TRN’s means that under teh rules, TRNs can attack (they just can’t hit anything)

Which is BS.  Gosh bless it, if they can shoot down attacking planes, why can’t they ram submarines!  Bah huddlebugs and sassaphrase roots!!!  (I’m just being silly.)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m