September 19, 2014, 11:55:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Help support TripleA software development. Search me
  Articles  
   Home   Help Login Register AACalc  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: japan landing in western US ----- how can i do this?  (Read 5569 times)
ShadowHAwk
A&A.org Submarine

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2006, 10:18:05 pm »

The india IC is not a bad move in the long run either.

But i think there is more a psychological reason to people trying to keep it then sound reasoning.
You play for 9 VC where you both start at 6. Now we are all used to games like soccer/football where points mather a lot.
So willing setting yourself from a 6-6 to a 5-7 situation in favor for your opponent is not something players will instinctively do. And if you read it like that is looks rather stupid right, giving your opponent a 2 point advantage.

Also some players play a 8VC game meaning that not defending India equals losing the game. That IC there can make the difference between winning or losing the game.

The India IC is pretty decent move if you send some russia inf down there first round ( 2 should do ).
It enables you to produce 3 inf down there from turn 2 and that is a lot more then what is usualy produced. You can easy counter germany in afrika using US troops if needed. It does not need to be part of a KJF strategy you can just as easy go KGF with an IC in india to keep that VC yours. US troops can move through finland->karellia->WR and so on to india while defending USSR.
Grimelark
A&A.org Infantry

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2006, 01:32:00 pm »

Your just not good enough to take America from me Doug..  I keep luring you in and step on your greedy hand...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

2014 Support Drive
Support Level
Forum Username
Note: payee will appear as Livid Labs, LLC.
Buy Axis & Allies
  • Axis & Allies 1942 [Amazon]
  • A&A Pacific 1940 [Amazon]
  • A&A Europe 1940 [FMG]
  • [eBay]
  • [eBay]
  • A&A D-Day [Amazon]
  • A&A Battle of the Bulge [Amazon]
  • [eBay]
  • [eBay]
  • WWII Themed Combat Dice [FMG]

Axis and Allies.org Official Gold Sponsor: Field Marshal Games