• I know there are threads that talks about this, but I thought we could use a new one.

Me and my friends tried something tonight. This is in short what happend.

• Germany bought transports and a destroyer on G1 and killed UK navy.

• UK saw the threat of an invasion and bought inf. for all IPC.

• US flew fighter and bomber to UK for support.

• On G2 the invasion was a fact and Germany ended up successful with 3 tanks. US tried to help out with fighter and bomber, but that wasn’t enough and the transports couldn’t get passed the subs. And even if UK would have survived the first wave they would face another invasion on G3 because Germany have a lot of transports at this time and neither UK or US has any navy to attack it with.

• Russia advanced a little bit, but couldn’t threat Berlin.

• Game was over!

Comments on this pls.
    Does it sound possible? It feels like we missed something!!!?  :?
    Have you tried it?
    Should UK build something else than inf. when he sees that Germany builds transports?

Thx for your comments!  :-)

• i need to get off my butt and try this out.  But at the same time, i imagine that an art/inf combo boarding your vessels might be more effective (if more expensive) than armor.
    The UK can always build more destroyers/recall them in order to force Germany to actually win a naval battle pre-invasion.

• @cystic:

i need to get off my butt and try this out.  But at the same time, i imagine that an art/inf combo boarding your vessels might be more effective (if more expensive) than armor.
    The UK can always build more destroyers/recall them in order to force Germany to actually win a naval battle pre-invasion.

yes, is destroyers the best defense to an German invasion? And btw, is the tactics that i tried to describe the same as the Sealion tactics that I heard so much about? If not, could someone explane the differences pls?

• @Kristofer:

@cystic:

i need to get off my butt and try this out.  But at the same time, i imagine that an art/inf combo boarding your vessels might be more effective (if more expensive) than armor.
    The UK can always build more destroyers/recall them in order to force Germany to actually win a naval battle pre-invasion.Â

yes, is destroyers the best defense to an German invasion? And btw, is the tactics that i tried to describe the same as the Sealion tactics that I heard so much about? If not, could someone explane the differences pls?

i honestly don’t know if they are “the best” - i have not really had to defend against a sealion before, however maybe that is because i like my destroyers so much.  Still, i think that this is basically operation sealion as you’ve understood it.

• What about attacking the transports with your aircraft? Have Russia also do this, if they can (maybe the Russian bomber can take out 1 trn).

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m