Fighter from Phillipines to Hawaiian Seazone

• On Japan 1, is it possible for the Fighter from the Phillipine Islands to fly 4 spaces to the Hawaiian Seazone provided that there is also going to be an Aircraft Carrier also moving to this space.  Or in the non-combat phase of your turn is the landing from the seazone to an Aircraft Carrier count as 1 space?

And if Darth is reading this… this is a hypothetical situation… haha!

• That’s a standard move and the primary use for that fighter for Japan on round 1. I mean it can’t be used against enemy territories in Asia on round 1 so if you attack Pearl, it’s pretty much a given that that fighter will be used, and if you don’t attack Pearl, that fighter is wasted on that round.

• Ok, thanks.  I was just confused because the person who taught me how to play said that landing on an Aircraft Carrier was a move.  Thanks for clearing that up Avin!

• Landing on an island from a sea zone requires movement of 1 space.  Landing on the coast from the sea zone adjacent is a move of 1.  Landing on a carrier in the same sea zone is a move of ZERO.

Also, you are NOT required to keep the AC alive during the battle until after the FIGs are dead.  You are required to have a place to land your FIGs at the START of battle.  If that landing zone gets sunk during the battle, the FIGs can fight on until the bitter end, and then they go “SPLASH!” into the ocean, unless they have enough movement left to get them to another LZ.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m