• Hey everyone, Just picked up the Board version of A & A last nite for me and the wife to play and we are having a hard time fuguring out some things.

1. Example = When you upgrade a fighter to a Jet through research it’s defence becomes a 5. What is the advantage of this when you go to battle if in effect it is making it easier for the attacking player to hit. If it is a normal fighter they have to roll a 4 or less which if I am correct means that any roll except a 5 or 6 will kill it. But if it is a Jet then they only have to roll anything but a 6 and it is killed. I see no advantage to making it a jet instead of a fighter.

2. When you use a rocket against a industrial facility how do you know how much damage was done? Do you roll a dice then that amount is placed into the bank by the defending player?

Thanks for any help it is greatly appreciated.    
         John

Hey John,

to answer your first question remember that it only affects the player that is developing it, not any attacker attacking that player… For example let me run you through a basic battle of 2 Infantry and a Fighter Defending vs. 3 Infantry a tank and a Fighter Attacking, and give you the “minimum roll” numbers for each.

Without Jet Technology: The Attacker Fires and must roll a “1” to get a hit with the Infantry, must roll a “3” to hit with the tank or the fighter. The Defender must roll a “2” with the Infantry and a “4” with the Fighter to Get a hit.

With Jet Tecnology: Same as above EXCEPT that now the Defender may roll a “5” or less in order to get a hit with the Fighter.

Question 2: The money is not given to the “Attacked” player but deducted from his IPC amount. That is given to the “Bank” or general cash pile that no one owns.

Hope it helps… If not clarify where I missed answering…

GG

• On yuou rmust roll numbers, you need to add “or less”  :-)

Also, I think Potvin might be reading the battle rules incorrectly.

When you attack, you use your attack number to roll against to score hits.
    The player you attack uses their defense roll to roll against to see if they hit your attacking forces.

So, Jet Fighters do not make it easier to hit defending fighters.  It makes the defendign fighters more likely to hit YOU on the counter attack when you attack Jets.

Thanks for the Clarification switch, I think you might have nailed it… At any rate John Remember that you must roll a “number” or lower in order to get a hit.

GG

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m