• just wanted to know because my freind says the 8 pounders better but i think tha pak 40s best

• I voted Pak 40, but eh… people shoot the crap out of Pak 40s for some reason. Maybe because they’re so big they’re just too tempting as a target or something. But mine never lasts that long unless I plop that Romanian Commander down that grants +1 cover to artillery. Maybe I need more than one to see it survive. I dunno. But I have 7 8-pdr and only 1 Pak 40, so maybe my 8-pdr only survives because I field 4 of them when I expect tanks?

-=Grim=-

• @GrimJesta:

. But mine never lasts that long unless I plop that Romanian Commander down that grants +1 cover to artillery. Maybe I need more than one to see it survive.

-=Grim=-

where is that commander at? i missed him

• The Romanian Commander adds +1/+1 defence not +1 cover.

There’s not much to compare, they aren’t the same class of ATGs.

The 8 Pounder isn’t that good; it’s obselete (Russian ZIS-2 is the same stats for less), and it can’t hurt heavy tanks.  Two of them are more expensive than a PAK 40 (+4 points). with only a moderate increase in firepower. They’re best used to support 17 Pounders (which is really what you should be comparing the PAK 40 to), or to take on medium/light tanks.  The PAK 40 is a serious threat to all vehicles at all ranges.  The only disadvantage of it is tying up 14 points in a defence 3/3 soldier. But it at least gets 4+ cover to help it survive. With the popularity of heavier tanks (Pershing, Tiger, King Tiger, IS-2, and most importantly the KV-1 with Cossack/FO/etc) the PAK 40 is simply the better choice.  But again, it also doesn’t make sense to me to even be comparing the two; it’s like comparing a bolt action rifle to the MG 42 and asking what’s better.

• Yea, that guy.

-=Grim=-

• Romanian Commander
    8 Points
    Speed 1
    Defence 4/4

vs INF 7/5/-
    vs VEH 2/-/-

Limited Range 2
    +2 Initiative
    CA - Adjacent Artillery get +1/+1 defence.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m