• 2007 AAR League

I just need to know if im really that lost…

Ok, here´s the thing:

You have (as i did) a 65% chance of killing the UK fleet and be able to do a amphibious assult on UK where you have a 90% chance of taking it.

Would you have tried it??

(the sea battle includes for Germany: 5 Fig, 1 Ac, 1 DD, 2 SS (2 Trn have troops on and doesn´t fight)

(Uk has: 1 BB, 1 AC, 2 Fig, 1 Trn, 1 DD, 1 Sub)

• Yep I would have.  Why?  Because the odds are in your favor and because, dang it, its fun.  Who cares if you lose the battle or the war?

• I say Go for it!

You can always retreat after the first round of battle if the ocean is turning grey with German blood. Besides its always great to plunder the English, I should know I’m from Denmark, its old tradition over here!  :roll:

-Daniel

• 2007 AAR League

well i did try (kinda why im asking how you would have done…)

it became a disaster, did 2 hits, he did 5!..., had to retreat figs after that…  so now it´s hard times comming…

(for more info se my tournament game vs Mojo)

• I looked your combat over in the game thread, you should imho have brought the bomber to the sea battle as well. That was the only thing I saw that I would have done different.
    The the battle on land isn’t as important as the sea battle, if you could have managed to get the british fleet down, you had done a real good deal for germany, a delay of only a few turns in their reinforcement of Russia means alot.

It was bad luck, and its devestating in seabattles!

-Daniel

• I definately would have tried it.  Any time that you can do an Operation Sea Lion after G1, I do it.  G1 Operation Sea Lion is cheap and it ruins the game.  However, if you invade England later there’s still a chance that the allies can win.

• 2007 AAR League

yep, i woulda gone for it, when playing the axis oppotunities like that are rare

• Nix,

I would have, too!!!

but like Malus said: I would have taken the bomber to the sea battle…
    UK had: 1 arm and 1 bomber? you would have invaded with 2 inf, 2 arms and a bomber that was subject to AA first, too…
    that would have been overkill :-P

It’s better to overkill the first battle, so you can even start with the second (even if chances are not looking to good, luck can still be determinative), then being blown off in your first battle, so your second doesn’t even gets a shot…

I would dare to say even more!
    when I had to take one trannie as casualty? I would have done that, too.
    you HAD to win the sea battle BEFORE you can make an amphib.
    let’s say you win the first battle, clearing the sea zone and only 1 transport survives?
    then you still have the opportunity on a 50% chance to capture UK :-P

• actually, it’s a chance of 50% to get mutual destruction…

don’t know what chances are of actually capturing it :-P
    (still have to have one unit surviving to capture it…)
    but still, luck can be in your favor  :lol:

• I just fell victim to this situation, due to a huge mistake in my ncms when directing the US forces against europe, I simply forgot to reinforce britain. Its such a painfull strike to be hit by.  :cry:
    Take a laugh and look in the games section in my game versus tcnance

-Daniel Malus

• it can happen to the best ;-)

• 2007 AAR League

yep he let me take uk, only held for 1 post thouth

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m