• Does anybody play the 12 city victory condition?  Isn’t the game pretty much decided by the time one power takes 10 cities?

• I’d say that the game is pretty much over yes.
    However, there are circumstances where it might not be the case.

Example:
    Allies has focused so much on taking Germany that they’ve let Japan run rampant.
    Japan has become so strong as a result of this that they actually stand a fighting chance.

Not very probable, but nonetheless possible.

• I pretty much always play “total victory”. That is because I play with competent people who are willing to acknowledge when they have been beaten, and willing to convince me when I have been. There is no shame in surrendering and saving yourself hours of your life. This keeps us from drinking beer until 9 am the next morning. Well, at least from drinking beer and playing axis and allies.

• @aaFiendish:

I pretty much always play “total victory”. That is because I play with competent people who are willing to acknowledge when they have been beaten, and willing to convince me when I have been. There is no shame in surrendering and saving yourself hours of your life. This keeps us from drinking beer until 9 am the next morning. Well, at least from drinking beer and playing axis and allies.

LOL!  Fiendish, you are my kind of player… but in a face-to-face mode rather than online (that way we can drink the beer…)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m