• I think the destroyers should be able to lay mines for enemy subs. If a sub enters into a zone with mines then the player who set them rolls the dice. A roll of 1 is a hit.Enemy destroyers could detonate the mines on a roll of 2 or less. I’m still working out the bugs on this rule please put input.

I think this is too broad for the Scope of AaA…

• Yep me too its too much detail but not a bad concept for a “campaign” version of axis and alles.

• The only “mines” we ever tried was a new sea zone in the Straits of Denmark, placing 1 more SZ between the UZ Sea Zone and the Baltic Sea.  That new sea zone was laid with mines that the owner of Berlin could move through freely, but anyone else had to roll for each ship passing through like AA fire (each ship passing, roll 1 die, any 1’s sink 1 ship).

This not only kept the Germn U-boats alive a bit longer int he game (more realistic in terms of Allied fears of subs in the North Atlantic) but it also makes the Allies have to fly over Western Europe for German SBR’s and prevents single-turn shucks into Eastern from UK.

This modification (the new sea zone with mines) would replace bidding since it significantly changes the dynamic in Europe and goes a long way to even out the balance of power between Germany and the Allies.

• Maybe you can represent it w/ spare AA guns.

The mine gets roll per sub and kills on a 1.

I also had a similar idea for Teller mines that were used by Rommel in Africa and Normandy.

A PBS Special :Secrets of the Dead : D-Day showed a teller mine blowing up a VW bug. 
    That car was tossed up about 10-12 feet and flipped over by the force of the explosion at the beach.

• Table tactics sells “mines” the standard idea for house rule is each unit that passes has to make a saving roll to move into the territory. If a one is rolled then the unit is destroyed. Infantry can be used as “minesweepers” and for each unit hit, each friendly can then roll a saving roll negating the hit on a roll of 1-2. Example: you move 3 tanks and 5 infantry into Novo (you are Japanese). the Soviets bought a mine unit. The phasing player rolls 8 times, netting 1 tank and  1 infantry hit, Next the 5 infantry roll trying to get 1-2, but only get this 1 time, so the tank hit is negated and the Japanese lose only one infantry.
      Mines cost about 3 IP each, cannot move, and once disarmed by infantry are removed from play… Anything else just let me know… This should work for all games

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m