• In the game it is legal for players to land planes on allied territory, put units in allied transports, etc…  Is it safe to assume that it is also legal to land, say, a US jet on a British carrier?  I wouldn’t see why not, as it seems to fit the model of how everything else works.

• Yes you can do all these things.

• Just a note on using allied trannies…

If you put (for example) UK forces on a US tranny, those UK forces can ONLY be loaded in UK’s non-combat move, and off-loaded in UK’s NEXT (or sometime later if they want to ride around for a while) non-combat move.  You can’t use a US tranny to disgorge forces (even UK forces) for a UK amphib assault.  This includes landing those forces in unoccupied enemy territories.

Think of it this way, you don;t have command of the tranny to order it into shore to offload as the UK for the assault.

• Right.  I knew that about the trannys.

The truth is that once upon a time I was very well versed in the game, but have not played in maybe 7 or 8 years.  I just wanted to check on the aircraft carrier thing, because I remember doing it, and that it was crucial to a virtually unstoppable winning variant of strategies by the allies.  The sequence of Britain going 3rd and the US 5th allows britain to build that carrier in turn 2 and for the US to land planes on it also in turn 2, therefore allowing units to be transported to the mainland by turn 3.

Anyways, it’s been too long for me to remember the strategy off the top of my head, but that is the key move.  Thanks!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m