• Another special ability question…

Does the double shot ability allow you to attack twice in the assault phase and also allows you to make two defensive fire or does it only allow you to make two defensive fire?  Me and my friends can’t agree on this one.

As I understand it, you should be able to attack twice and to make two defensive fire.

Thanks

• Founder TripleA Admin

Should be just during your attack phase.

• Double Shot - This unit can make two attacks in your assault phase. When making a defensive-fire attack, this unit makes two attack rolls against the unit that provoked the attack.

This is taken directly from the German MG42 Machine gun team.  It states that there is two attack against the unit that provoked the attack (for the defensive fire).

Me and my friends were arguing about being able to attack twice in the assault phase.  So you think the MG42 CAN attack twice per assault phase?

• Founder TripleA Admin

Oops, I was thinking of another ability. Then you are correct.

Yes the MG units can make to attacks during the assault phase. And it can be against different units. The defensive fire is twice against the same unit.

For the price, I think it’s better to have 2 SS-Panzergrenadiers.

• I completly agree with you, but for now I have no SS-Panzergrenadier…

• just to clarify, allthough  am pretty sure of it. this is the same deal with the Type 92 MG and the Vickers MG? just want to know for sure.

• well, it’s the exact same ability, so I would say yes

• these are the things that bother me about this game, the MG-42 was the best mg to come out in WWII, why does it have the same states as weaker mg like the vickers or type what ever it is?

• Founder TripleA Admin

It does not have the same stats as the Vickers.

Vickers against infantry
    9/8/6

German MG against infantry
    10/8/7
    Also has the suppressive fire, which gives it unlimited defensive fire attacks.

• true, but that is still to close, the MG42 was a hell of a lot more powerful than any other MG in the war, it should have an impressive stat card, and it should also cost a lot more, 15-20 points at least, other wise it just wouldn’t be fare. or is it sopposed to be fare? UMMM

• I think that if the MG42 were to cost 20 pts, I would have to be the ULTIMATE anti-infantry unit.  I’m sure they were better than the vickers, but by that much?

Stats would have to be something like 15-13-12 against soldiers.

I do agree with you they should be stronger than the vickers, but something like 11-10-8, so it would be better by 2 at every range.  This way, it could cost about 13-14 and would be playable, but at 20 pts, would you use it?

• Think of this.  Most of the units an MG-42 fires at have defense 4 or 5, and two hits against those units destroys them.  So the difference of one dice roll is significant, and since you fire twice, you are actually throwing 2 more dice with an MG-42 than a Vickers.

• Founder TripleA Admin

It’s still possible for them to come out with an elite MG team. First off the elite unit should have 5 defense. And maybe +1 to cover rolls?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m