Nominations for A&A Europe Strategies

• Founder TripleA Admin

I’ve almost finished the new main website. Now I need some good new content.

Please nominate members that have posted good strategies for Axis & Allies: Europe or somebody who would formulate a good stratgy for the main site.

If you want to nominate yourself, you can. If you want to send your nomination privately for yourself or another person, then please send my a private message via the board.

If you are nominated and do not wish to contribute, please indicate in this topic or send me a private message.

• OK Here’s a strategy for Germany:

For initial 12 IPC placement, put another sub off the coast of Canada, and an artillery in Poland.
    Round 1:
    Build 13 inf, 1 IPC change
    Attack all Russian forces in range with all German forces in range, to take out as many Russian forces as possible. Use 2 fighters for this.
    Use remaining 4 fighters and bomber and ALL naval units in the Atlantic to not only take out British convoys, but also to kill the whole British fleet. The extra sub off Canada can be combined with 2 other subs nearby (one sub taking out a British convoy on the way) to take out the British units off Canada. Note that the UK now will lose at least 10 IPC’s from at least 2 convoys being taken, and have no way to recover them until US’s turn because they do not have any destroyers. Move that one sub near Norway to run through the Russian convoy and sit between it and the Russian naval units, so it will take at least 2 turns for Russia to get its convoy back.

Use 1 inf and 1 art from Italy with the battleship and destroyer south of Italy to attack the British fighter on Malta. In all your attacking, you should still have a bunch of units all along your southern coastline to deter a British amphib. invasion. If such an invasion occurs, you can always counter with with your fleet next turn. NOTE: leave at least 3 units in Northern Italy as you don’t want to lose your factory there!

For non-combat, land 2 fighters in Norway and 2 in Germany and 2 in Western France. Land the bomber in Western France too, to be used in round 2 of Naval attacks. Move all units iin western europe to Germany proper and all German units in eastern europe towards Russia except say 1 inf in each of your southern waterfront properties. Leave 2 inf in each of Western France and Belgium. Place all inf on Germany.

Your infantry in Norway and Finland are really just decoration, but use them to attack Russia if you can.

Round 2: buy 14 inf, you should be able to just afford this.
    By the second round, you should still have a few subs left, which can be used along with airforce to kill freshly built UK sea units. If UK saved their money, take out more convoys (British or Russian convoys, as the Americans can take theirs back right away without loss of money). If you can keep the Russian convoy as long as possible, do it, because you want Russia to have as few units as possible.

Again, take out as many Russian units as you can using the two fighters in Germany and all available units in the east. Now also start moving towards the Middle East, by attacking the British Naval units with your battleship and destroyer, and moving 1 inf, 1 art from southern italy or Malta to Egypt along with all the other German units in Africa.

Move all units that you massed in Germany on round 1 towards Russia. Land 2 fighters in Poland, 4 in Germany (if you can).
    Place all 14 inf on Germany.

Round 3: build 7 arm, 2 inf. USA has probably invaded by now, but your counterattack will have to wait. Keep 4 fighters in Germany proper. Your first blob of units is near Russia. The key with this is it will probably be attacked and killed, but by then Russia will not have enough units to defend against the second German wave of the second round of infantry and the third round of 7 tanks.

Round 4 and on: Build all infantry, and counter attack the allies with your inf and 4 fighters. Use the other 2 fighters to attack Russia.

With this method, barring bad die rolls, Germany should take Moscow by round 6, and also survive itself.

• Having played A&A world for years, myself and my 2 wargame partners have been trying our hand at A&A Europe…

We are pretty ruthless players, whichever side any of us play, and we believe that going into battle heavy handed and v strong is a defining aspect of these games. You want to wipe out the opposition by sheer numbers and leave a big force to defend behind.

Some innitial comments on A&A europe, it is very hard for the germans to win, and nearly impossible if one allows russia to use allied aircraft as their own, once parked in russia by both allies. The russians end up with 3 bombers and around 5 fighters and can always use these in big battles to back up those constant border fights with the germans as the allies keep building up each round. therefore we took that senario out of our games, to make the uk & usa work hard to save russia. It makes the game far more even, though still difficult for a german victory.

Heres a way to play those nasty germans.
    I believe the only way to win with germany is to gain the oil money cash asap, as they will always be trying to grab a couple of points from the russians each round, only to lose them next turn. the germans need money to win, and they have to make the usa pay for that oil money in africa.

Buy 4 troops with your extra 12ipcs and place them on lybia (the russians should in return place 4 extra troops on leningrad to hold that factory from a german attack 1st round) if russia lose that factory on round 1 they are in trouble…

Spend the 40 ipcs on troops and art, do that for the first 2 or 3 rounds, your gonna need loads of land units, build up and wait until you start buying tanks.

Use the tank from tunisa and blitz through…5 units against 3 british, you should win thus knocking the uk out of africa, despite anything they may counterattack, there is too much in the med for the german / italians. Use the german battleship and take i art & 1 troop to attack malta…vital to take care of the brit fighter straight away.

Use the sub down south and the destroyer to take out the brit destroyer in gibralter. use all other the subs (passing thru the convoy zone in the atlantic too) and all but one fighter on the british fleet surrounding the uk. you will lose the majority of the subs but you need to knock the allied fleet build up right from the off. The germans need breathing space for a few rounds and the only way to do that is to win a pyric victory in the atlantic…

Attack all the russian fronts including a dodgy battle against the 5 units on the ukrane, use the spare german fighter here too, and the 2 tanks that can reach. Use the german transport to send a couple of land units into the baltic states and wipe out those grey russian fronts. you won’t hold them all but the germans need to hit russia hard on the first round, as they have a big army to move forward on their turn. One thing the russians have is numbers, but their cash is limited as is their tech strength.

Forget the allies, hit russia every time and wait for the inevitable allied fleet and the expected normandy invasion…

On movement phase push every available german unit east and park the bomber within range of the african campaign, and get a fighter near too.

After that, keep the pressure on africa and get the oil money, it will be the usa that end up paying for it, and an extra 4,6,8 in the german coffers makes a big difference to the russian front.

Unless the usa spend all their money on transports and destroyers for 3 rounds to re-take the atlantic, with the help of the uk, they will not get there in time to help russia who will be fighting the germans on their own for 3 / 4 rounds. it is vital for the allies to get their fighters over to leningrad to defend from round 1 on…this is why its so inportant for russia to hold leningrad innitally.

The germans can literally empty france and push every unit east if they conquer the brit fleet 1st round. If they end up with a few subs, perhaps they can get a couple more to annoy the allies further, but the main battles are in the east.

If the germans arent at the gates of moscow by round 5, they’re probably finished, as history decided…tech weapons werent enough they need tanks, art and tons of troops.

Weve had some mamouth battles, pieces stacked up high and it always boils down to german gile, astute purchasing and the oil money…

Remember, go in really heavy and destroy the enemy in one round of dice throwing, the ruskies cannot afford the losses.

There are a number of senarios weve tried including taking britain with a german fleet and 3 rounds of attempted landings on the uk…this one worked (took britain on the 3rd round, and their cash) well when i tested it…until my opponent used the brit airforce in a suicidal first attack as soon as the germans built a fleet in the north…job done and a waste of german money! dont bother with that one!

Good luck, should you decide upon this mission!

• According to the rules Germany is not allowed to place units in Lybia

• Ahh haa
    Thanks for letting me know about that rule, we forgot to read that there has to be one unit on an occupied zone at the start of the game. Hence my attack from lybia with the extra 4 troops and the tank blitz is no longer viable…

I shall have to think up another deadly first stike in africa the, as i still believe that the oil money is very important for a german win…

How about a transport off the coast of tunisia to start with? is that still premittable?

• You still can put 4 inf in Tunisia, but British could put a couple too (at least two are needed in Leningrad). África is tricky, remember USSR can send a couple units too by Iran and still resist German attack in her homelands.

• that is why i buy an additional transport in the med with the 12 ipc. the 4 remaining ipcs are useful for an art in poland. this way you will see the allies spending their money on russia.
    on the long run with 2 trans i will have more troops to go for the oil than i would with a placement of 4 inf in algeria. up to 4 units reinforcements are sufficient even to open another front that threatens the soviet southern flank on turn 4-6.

• Mine….conctrate your ger air and navy to the Us and UK, while your land units in the SU.

Anther is to basically go all out on the SU, if it’s taken out, then theres not much of a worry for ground units, then go to the atl

• TripleA

OOB Europe?

There are two main strategies one is the sea lion strategy and the other is a quick russia strategy. What you do after is up to you.

Taking london is always roughly 80% -95%. It is easy. Then you can go operation convoy america out of the game. Not exactly hard. You could make a fast swap to do barb and just hold london as long as possible with 3 inf a round going down.

Italy should eventually get going with uk out of the mix.

The heavy barb strategy is not too difficult either. eventually you can bomberman russia down to nothing. it does help to get italy going in the med as well.
    ~
    the opener depends if you are playing with or without scramble rules etc.

~

Unless you are specific about which set of rules you are playing with it is difficult to give you a specific opener strategy.

Europe OOB has no scramble action so it is easy to blast everything. G1’s naval purchase is a bit different since you have to worry about 1-2 dd 1 carrier 3 fighter 1 tactical. so you would need to buy carrier dd sub off the bat rather than carrier 2 transport or something to that effect.

• @Cow:

OOB Europe?

There are two main strategies one is the sea lion strategy and the other is a quick russia strategy. What you do after is up to you.

Taking london is always roughly 80% -95%. It is easy. Then you can go operation convoy america out of the game. Not exactly hard. You could make a fast swap to do barb and just hold london as long as possible with 3 inf a round going down.

Italy should eventually get going with uk out of the mix.

The heavy barb strategy is not too difficult either. eventually you can bomberman russia down to nothing. it does help to get italy going in the med as well.
    ~
    the opener depends if you are playing with or without scramble rules etc.

~

Unless you are specific about which set of rules you are playing with it is difficult to give you a specific opener strategy.

Europe OOB has no scramble action so it is easy to blast everything. G1’s naval purchase is a bit different since you have to worry about 1-2 dd 1 carrier 3 fighter 1 tactical. so you would need to buy carrier dd sub off the bat rather than carrier 2 transport or something to that effect.

wrong gameforum. this forum has died quite a long time ago…

• I am playing tomorrow with my new A&A friend. Thought I would lend it to him to get more players in London. He has bought 1941, after playing Anniversary twice and BofB and D-Day.
    We will have 4 hours,  so though we could give this a good run.

• I had a game of this weekend past there and really enjoyed it. Was good fun and made a change from Global, Allied victory btw.

• This game got me back in to A&A when it came out in 99.
    Always liked it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m