• I am trying to make a new unit in particular, it being calvary.  i would like to have some input on this new unit.  I Think that this would be a wonderful new unit yet there doesn’t seem to be a way to make it without making it useless or making artillery and it be the same, while you are playing with d6s.

• The only way I can think of making cavalry, while NOT making them useless, would be so that they are essentially just infantry, but with 2 movement points.  Maybe cost 6 or 7 IPCs?  I dunno…

• 2007 AAR League

How about:

Attack 1
    Defend 1
    Move 2
    Cost 2

…Hmmm…

• It makes them weaker then they should be against infantry but it seems pretty reralistic.  Thank you very much.

• An infantry that moves 2 for 6 or 7 IPC? Why not just buy armor for 5 IPC, moves 2, attacks and defends on 3?

Also, would cavalry count as infantry when boarding a transport?

• I would suggest no cheaper than 3 ipc’s because of thier improved movement, they can move with a stack of tanks and be instant fodder which is the role of the man… even if they defend for less, they are still more useful than a man is in my opinion… hell i know a ton of people who would pay 1 ipc for a unit that had 0 Attack and 0 defense and moved one a turn, hell i would … drop a stack of forty of them the first turn with germany and then load up with tanks from their on out

• You mean 16?  :-D

• cheap fodder … if they cost two 15 hell they attack at a one… i might even get to hit… but i was reffering to my combat medic
    attack 0
    def 0
    move 1
    cost 1

best fodder in the world

shouldn’t this be in House Rules?

• well probably … i blame the brilliant one for starting it here

:-D

• Forget about Calvary… the polish found out how well they held up against mechanized calvary (if you get my drift). Think mechanized infantry consider:

cost 4, attack 2, defend 2, move 2  ok then you make this piece have more value and a distinction beyond the artillery piece , you need to install a rule where each matching tank increases one mech infantry attack value +1.

to summarize:

each artillery adds +1 for one infantry
    each tank adds +1 for one mech infantry

Bonus:

add each fighter adds +1 to each matching tank.

this creates a combined arms feel so peeps might buy a greater variety of units to help solve “infantry push mechanic”

• That last idea seems pretty cool!  …but what would you use to represent these Mech Infantry?

• ahh i reckon you could use the APC from New World Order… if you wasted money buying that Axis and Allies upgrade like i did…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m