• I don’t post often, but i’ve noticed something when i was last on this board (monthsa ago). The complaint about not enough plastic chips to play with. For some reason it dawned on me that perhaps my group was unique.

Since the first time I ever played, we didn’t rely on chips at all really (except in the very beginning of a game). We used coins. Pennies, nickels, then quarters as substitutes. I’ve even seen the new “sac” goldish dollar coin slapped on the table to represent 100 inf. in a particularly brutal tiff between Germany and Russia.

So we never had an issue with too few chips. I always that it was cool and figured everybody did this until I read this forum. Does anybody else use this method when the chips run out? :o

• We had to use coins in our last game.

We started out with a 600 IPC budget for each power, so the number of units on the board was pretty big.

We used all of the regular chips, and then used pennies to represent a red chip for USA, UK, Russia and Germany and Japan had pennies for grey chips (complex, but we didn’t have much change at the time).

We did have to use silver coins as grey for other powers as well, at one point USA had WAY too much Navy ;)

Hopefully I’ll be getting another copy of the game to compliment my buddies copy so we’ll have lots of chips :)

• I e-mailed them and they sent me some more chips. I forget who exactly it was though, I think Wizards of the Coast.

• We always use the control markers as red chips, if we need more chips.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m