• 2007 AAR League

is it nessesary to launch the fighters off a carrier if the target is only 2 spaces awat? or can you drive the fighters into the seazone and if the carrier gets destroyed they get 4 movement? u tell me

• no.

The fighter has a movement of 4. If you move the AC 2 spaces then you have also moved the fighter 2 space and the fighter only has 2 moves left.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I have to agree with TMTM. I believe the rules, at least in my original box set, have an example of this - complete with drawings.

• ezto i think like this

if you send the carriers into battle and also the fighters they have the move of 2

but if you send the carrier and threat your fighters as cargo
    you say you wont attack with them than you may move them 4 more move beacuse they were cargo they didnt attack

if the carrier was destroyed they would be to
    so the other option is risk
    but it can help a lot sometimes

• Technically according to the rules you have to “launch” your fighters before you move the carrier or else they are considered as cargo. This is more of a technical point than anything else, especially if you are moving your AC into the fight as well.

So let’s say the enemy destroyer was 2 spaces away. You would launch the fighters off the AC and they would move 2 spaces to engage. The carrier would also move 2 spaces and engage and after the fight (provided the carrier wasn’t sunk) they would land on the carrier.

They make this point because the fighters can move independant of the carrier and can end up landing on a carrier that is not in the battle or on another carrier altogether (the first carrier mentioned being the launching carrier but in another SZ from the battle).

• @Amon-Sul:

but if you send the carrier and threat your fighters as cargo
    you say you wont attack with them than you may move them 4 more move beacuse they were cargo they didnt attack

if the carrier was destroyed they would be to
    so the other option is risk
    but it can help a lot sometimes

this is incorrect….this would increase the range of the fighter, which insn’t a legal move…you can’t launch the planes after the carrier has moved…

• i think its a hole in the rules

but maybe you are right

this should increase fighters range for +2 which is great

• this is incorrect….this would increase the range of the fighter, which insn’t a legal move…you can’t launch the planes after the carrier has moved…

I have to agree with Mr. G here, you need to announce the launching of fighters before ANY movement with the AC. What you could do is not move the AC and then in the non-combat phase decide to fly the fighters their allowed four spaces.

This is why as I stated in my previous post you need to “launch” fighters before the AC decides to move; I think they made this to address the issue of fighters not being able to get an extra two moves (as they would if you could move the AC first and then the fighters four spaces).

• yes ,it seems so

there would be a lot of confusion with these 2 extra moves

• can a fighter move 4spaces, attack, and then land in a carrier occupying the Sea Zone it attacked in?

If the Carrier legallly moved their…

• can a fighter move 4spaces, attack, and then land in a carrier occupying the Sea Zone it attacked in?

Yes provided there was a carrier in that sea zone that could pick them up. They are not allowed to attack if there is no chance a carrier will be able to move the # of spaces to be in that SZ. The carrier does not have to attack (although it could be involved in the attack as well).

• yes g and its because

this last move to carrier this landing on carrier isnt exactly a move because you were in teh same sea zone

so you made 0 move,to land to that carrier

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

And I think that should be the rule for islands too…if you control that island complex, leaving it to the sea zone or back should be a 0 move.

But that’s my own opinoin.

• yes but their is just one little problem

what with island bases than

i think its ok this way beacuse ,when the island bases would worth for all ,with long range aircraft you could get 8 movement with fighters which is very powerful

and the game wouldnt be that much interesting

but thats just my opininon

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m