Problem with posting, diamond and question mark symbols showing

• I apologize if this question has already been answered.  There’s mountains of threads on this forum now, and I don’t think I’ll have much success finding the answer in old threads.  I’m having an issue with having posts show up properly.  Have a look at the 8th post in this thread http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=40665.0.  I can’t get rid of those damned diamond and question mark symbols.  I don’t know what else to do to make indentation appear as I want it.

• Those “�” symbols appear in case you use characters that are not accepted by the forum software.
    To use an indentation-like layout you can use the “list”-feature (see the symbol above the text-box when entering text).

This will enter```

[list]
    [li]enter text here[/li]
    [li]enter text here[/li]
    [/list]

Just an approach of course…

HTH :-)

• Thanks for the reply.  I’ve tried using it, but it doesn’t provide all of the indentations that I need to properly show the post.  I’m trying to do this:

[space][space][space]1.1
    [space][space][space][space][space][space]1.1.1

Etc…

It looks silly like that, but I’m not sure how else to demonstrate this.  It doesn’t look bad when it’s actual spaces, without those symbols of course.

• Formatting options are very limited, indeed. I am not aware of others than those given above the text input field when writing a forum posting.

As a workaround you could write your text using Word, OpenOffice, Google Docs or whatever software that allows formatting the way you want.
    Just create for example a PDF of your text and attach the PDF to your posting. You can use other formats, too.

• Thanks again man.  I uploaded a word document in the previous post in that other thread.  I guess this is case closed.  Your help is appreciated :)

Edit: I actually figured out how to make indentations.  It was not obvious by any means, but possible

Here’s what I did:

Text

• Text

• Text

• More Text

• Text

Text

[list]
        [li]Text

[list]
        [li]Text

[list]