• I am just curious to know if Combined Arms effect any units that can be attached at the same time or is it only in pairs. Example: Tactical bomber + tank, can the tank being paired with the bomber also pair at the same time with mech infantry?

• '19 '17 '16

Don’t see why not, one affects combat movement, the other affects combat. Although I’m not sure what other examples you might be thinking of.

• Here is an example of how it can be abused if they can all combine with each other. Tactical Bombers gets its attacked increased by tank that is also blitzing the mech infantry and the mech gets its attack increased because an artillery is attacking too. Hence Tactical + Tank + Mech + Artillery.

• Thats sounds legit.  It’s not abusing combined arms; it’s using them effectively.

• From the rulebook:

@rulebook:

Some unit types require one-to-one pairing with another unit type and may be paired with more than one other unit type.
    Each unit may be paired with only one other unit at the same time, but may be paired with different units at different times
    during the same turn.

For example, an individual artillery unit may not be paired with both an infantry and a mechanized infantry during the same
    combat round in the Conduct Combat phase in order to make both units attack at 2. However, the same mechanized infantry unit may
    be paired with a tank during the Combat Move phase in order to blitz, and then be paired with an artillery in the Conduct Combat phase
    in order to attack at 2.

HTH :-)

• Alright, good to know.

• @Caesar:

Here is an example of how it can be abused if they can all combine with each other. Tactical Bombers gets its attacked increased by tank that is also blitzing the mech infantry and the mech gets its attack increased because an artillery is attacking too. Hence Tactical + Tank + Mech + Artillery.

is this not the ideal scenario for every combat?

:-D :lol:

• '17

@PainState:

@Caesar:

Here is an example of how it can be abused if they can all combine with each other. Tactical Bombers gets its attacked increased by tank that is also blitzing the mech infantry and the mech gets its attack increased because an artillery is attacking too. Hence Tactical + Tank + Mech + Artillery.

is this not the ideal scenario for every combat?

:-D :lol:

In the Army, sometimes Soldiers say that if we ever end up in a fair fight then someone should get fired!

• '21 '20 '18 '17

“The best luck of all is the luck you make for yourself.” - Douglas MacArthur

(Hint;  that’s not luck)

Unlike gambling, the stock market is not random or luck driven, its all mediated by human behavior, sentiment, actions even if it is directed by computers.

However, when you are losing tons of money, you’ll wish it was somehow random because then there might be SOME chance that it goes up instead of down.

• @Ichabod:

In the Army, sometimes Soldiers say that if we ever end up in a fair fight then someone should get fired!

This reminds me a bit of the proverbial “law of the sword” which says that the guy with the gun wins.

• The only reason I asked because the chart shows 1 + 1 paring and notice you could combine most with each other/

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

@Caesar:

During combat movement phase the mech and tank are paired so the mech can blitz.
    During resolve combat phase the mech and artillery are paired so the mech can attack @2; the tank and tac are paired so the tac can attack @4.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

An interesting variation on the point;  but nothing got paired multiple times at once.  Good call.

I refer to both TAC+FIG and ART+MAN as a “combat pair” (or if confusing, “air pair”) when I roll–but that pairing concept 1:1 is the key I think.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m