• TripleA

I noticed lots of players going full atlantic for some reason and Japan doing J3s etc.

I go full pacific still. Round 1 I get the the East USA transport with 1 inf 1 arty to blast off toward new zealand (it is there usa 2). West usa I got 1 transport 2 carriers, east usa I place a transport and extra money on sub east usa (you can pretty much tell when Japan is not ready to dow j2 by how they set up so i am not worried about German subs + uk usually takes that out).

USA 2 I am not at war for some reason so I buy carrier sub dd 2 fighter.  USA 3 should be at war. During this time I get my naval to queensland ready to counter attack island grabs (ukp and anzac nabbed all the dutch islands so when I am at war should be some nice counter attacks, sometimes there are none but that is ok.  Just look for opportunties

USA 3 this is when I start to do 1 transport (load with 1 inf 1 mech) 1 inf subs and bombers, a dd here n there. But this is green skies. i am making an attack fleet. Starting around USA 5-6-7 depending on how things look in Europe, this is when my bombers go toward Russia from the Pacific or they start attacking japan ground forces so that Uk pacific AKA the 2nd russia can grow their income for post Russia dead gameplay.

This strategy usually works out.

Sometimes you do have to go atlantic a little if gibraltar and/or algeria is axis, just to help out. You can usually foresee this and just make enough to stop that. Then send t hat carrier dd 2x fighter with the boats n oceans to italy seazone, who cares if it dies, it gone done its job and you need to stall europe.

• I believe USA should not bother with a build in the east unless Germany is massing a fleet. USA is the only nation in the Pacific that can stop Japan from raising hell and it is better needed there. If UK can’t stop the Axis navy, there is clearly an issue.

• '17

From my perspective when playing Axis, I prefer a Kill Germany First allies opponent. It’s easier for me to drive to Bryansk, and slowly build in the east and garrison Europe, than Japan having the allies come at it from all points of the compass. In KGF attacks against me, they might stick a landing somewhere, but Germany is usually able to still get Stalingrad/Caucasus and continue to out-build Moscow while laying siege.

I build Japanese Navy anytime I can. For instance, if I only have 2 factories, than my other builds are navy/air because when India falls, I want naval superiority in order to push the allies back from the Carolines…ect. Getting the last VC is difficult.

Most of my wins are in the Pacific. Losing India is a big deal for the allies and that is when Japan becomes very strong economically. Likewise, most of my Axis loses are in KJF allies’ plans.

• '17 '16

@Ichabod:

From my perspective when playing Axis…

From my perspective, the Jedi are evil… oh wait… wrong thread…  :-P

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m