Garganuta vs Karl7 Live in Vancouver BC

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

While not BIG news, Gargantua and Karl7 are going to throw down a face-to-face G40 BM game starting tonight! We will be cracking dice all weekend until there is only 1!

The Stukas are warming up, the tanks poised at their jump-off points, to wit:

IMG_1416.JPG

Thanks to YG and all else for supplying map files.  We printed out a YUGE! one that basically fills an entire pool table!

IMG_1415.JPG

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Karl7:

While not BIG news, Gargantua and Karl7 are going to throw down a face-to-face G40 BM game starting tonight! We will be cracking dice all weekend until there is only 1!

The Stukas are warming up, the tanks poised at their jump-off points, to wit:

Sounds like you are both going have a great time.

Give us final verdict, when you have chance, lol? :-D

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

There will likely be more than one game, as we are playing 2.5 days of A&A at an extravagant waterfront home, on a 4ft by 8 ft board.

Which means more than one opportunity to stick it to Karl again!

I am planning my precision axis opener as we speak!  There will be BLOOD!

@Gargantua:

There will likely be more than one game, as we are playing 2.5 days of A&A at an extravagant waterfront home, on a 4ft by 8 ft board.

I am planning my precision axis opener as we speak!  There will be BLOOD!

Yeah, Garg is going to attack Sweden, all in round 1!

I just got back from buying a shitt ton of beer, so we are ready and waiting!

• @Karl7:

@Gargantua:

I am planning my precision axis opener as we speak!  There will be BLOOD!

I just got back from buying a shitt ton of beer, so we are ready and waiting!

THAT’S THE SPIRIT!

Do I see a bench press in the pics?  If so, then you are playing A&A for REAL!

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Awesome, lol! :-D

Curt! I got G1 and J1 completed last night.

I crushed allied pieces into dust with grip strength ! Then I bench pressed the pool table, and flexed my ego until Karl Broke down and sent me home.

It was so bad, Karl’s allied partner Ray couldn’t even stay at the table after G1, and had to retreat to the solace of female company on the third floor.

Hopefully the flood of their tears from this evening doesn’t wash the building into the sea overnight; because they certainly drown the British navy, and pushed the French right off the coast and into oblivion.

• I think Ray is the clever one - get you guys engrossed in A&A and then run off with the women! Enjoy moving your plastic soldiers about while Ray gets his pleasure elsewhere! :-P

• Sponsor

@Gargantua:

Curt! I got G1 and J1 completed last night.

I crushed allied pieces into dust with grip strength ! Then I bench pressed the pool table, and flexed my ego until Karl Broke down and sent me home.

It was so bad, Karl’s allied partner Ray couldn’t even stay at the table after G1, and had to retreat to the solace of female company on the third floor.

Hopefully the flood of their tears from this evening doesn’t wash the building into the sea overnight; because they certainly drown the British navy, and pushed the French right off the coast and into oblivion.

WOW! now I know what kinda lambasting I was gonna be in for if I didn’t totally fluke out against Garg earlier this year with the kinda scorching hot dice needed to hide all the flaws of a totally out matched opponent like myself.

OMG, Gargantua forgot to tell you it was HIS wife that made him leave last night.

Yes, the Axis had a good start.  That’s fine. They need to have a good start for there to be a game. Although not hitting anything in Yunnan by the Chinese was a downer…  :-P

Everyone knows Karl is a FICTION writer.

• '18 '17 '16

Nice table Karl. Don’t let Garg torture any of your prisoners. I wish I could be down there playing with you guys instead of choking on all of this smoke up here in the interior.

We’ll send the invite to you well in advance for next time General!

In the meantime, let the record show that Karl and his merry band of allies were fleeced in game 1! By a Gargantuan onslaught.

The allies puny plan left London weak, and Germany snatched the sea lion without the loss of a single plane.  But their despair didn’t end there.  America rushed to save the day in both theatres - landing in Gibraltar and the carloines in a brash gambit!

The gambit ended in a curtmungion headlock of death, the US simultaneously lost BOTH of its fleets in each theatre on G4/J4.  And was left relegated to sideshowism.  A Brief red tide in eastern Europe was then quickly turned around by Germany and Karl and his allies capitulated after the cliffs of Dover were painted red, by a sea of blood - donated by foolhardy American liberators

The ultimate slap in the face came via Japan’s capture of Alaska AND Mexico, LOL.

Good game! Well fought! And we’re already UK2 deep into the next one! We shall see how tomorrow goes, but G1 J1 did not bode well for my Axis troops!

@Gargantua:

We’ll send the invite to you well in advance for next time General!

In the meantime, let the record show that Karl and his merry band of allies were fleeced in game 1! By a Gargantuan onslaught.

The allies puny plan left London weak, and Germany snatched the sea lion without the loss of a single plane.  But their despair didn’t end there.  America rushed to save the day in both theatres - landing in Gibraltar and the carloines in a brash gambit!

The gambit ended in a curtmungion headlock of death, the US simultaneously lost BOTH of its fleets in each theatre on G4/J4.  And was left relegated to sideshowism.  A Brief red tide in eastern Europe was then quickly turned around by Germany and Karl and his allies capitulated after the cliffs of Dover were painted red, by a sea of blood - donated by foolhardy American liberators

The ultimate slap in the face came via Japan’s capture of Alaska AND Mexico, LOL.

Good game! Well fought! And we’re already UK2 deep into the next one! We shall see how tomorrow goes, but G1 J1 did not bode well for my Axis troops!

Garg more or less tells the truth.  Axis dice rocked the allies for the first three rounds…. including a ZERO AA roll during the invasion of London and a perfect roll for Japan against the US fleet… it was nasty.  We/I would have called it round 3/4, but then the allied dice turned around and we scored some impressive victories, including sinking 9 of the german transports w/Russia and killing the Italian fleet and German bomber force.  But by then it was too late anyway.  Germany was stymied more or less, but Japan was exploding due to most US resources going to Europe.

Game 2 looks much better for the Allies.  The dice have been favorable, and I managed to anger Gargantua by place a UK destroyer in the Japanese fleet and declaring war with Anzac.  Gargantua refused to believe this was allowed, citing passages from the rule book that actually supported the move.  I pulled a Curtmungus and got red faced and enraged and started loudly reciting from the rule book and FAQ online.  Gargantua sent Larry Harris an email to confirm…  ah ahahah… You know it’s not a real game until somebody loses their cool, which was me…  :-P

Anyhow, dawn has just broken, and it is time to pour the coffee and warm up the dice… Round 2 continuing shortly!

• WTF?!

You “pulled a Curtmungus?”

If you pulled a Curtmungus you would have risen up with rage and honor and thrown that fuc*king pool table through the wall into the neighbors house!

• No worry’s Garg will lose as usual eventually.

• Curtmungus - can I ask that you please delete that f word.

Thanks.

• @Private:

Curtmungus - can I ask that you please delete that f word.

Thanks.

• Sponsor

@Curtmungus:

@Private:

Curtmungus - can I ask that you please delete that f word.

Thanks.

Purposely misspelling swear words in order to avoid the security measures put in place by the administration to protect young members on this site is irresponsible to say the least… Please edit your post ASAP.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m