• Have any of you attempted an early attack on Russia? Round one or two?

How were the results of the attack?

• Dear ABWorsham,

I have tried a G2 attack on Russia-in fact in the game I just finished. The results were very good. On Round 2 Germany-who saved all their money on Round 1-bought 16 tanks. With this force added, the Germans soon had 25 infantry, 5 artillery, 25 tanks, 4 mechs, and 10 planes in Russia. The Russians held out well and did a great strafe counterattack into Bryansk, but in the end Moscow’s defenses were too weak, and an epic battle saw the Russians fall. Italy was fine, although Norway was captured by the British and became a major Anglo-American hub. The game ended in an Allied surrender Round 11. This strategy works, and in fact it works so well that I am going to weaken Germany’s starting setup the next time I play to make things more fair.
    Good luck and God Bless you from,
    AxisandAlliesGeneral

• I also attack G2.

A G1 all mech purchase can allow G into Bryansk in G4, if I remember rightly.

• just did a G2 invasion of russia straight to leningrad (boats) and all along the russian border. a good success, succeeded in taking leningrad round 2, and east poland. soviet was crippled and moscow was eventually taken  :mrgreen:

• Customizer

I generally favor a G2 attack as there are very little Russian units on the board, the more rounds you wait to attack the more infantry they can stack in Moscow, Ideally on a G2 attack you can be attacking Moscow or on the brink of attacking when the allies threaten to land. The longer you wait to attack the longer you will have to fight a 2 front war.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m