Metal Flight Stands - Status update - Jan 21, 2018 - IN STOCK

• Jan 21, 2018 Update: IN STOCK NOW! http://iwillnevergrowup.com/shop/flightstand

Dec 27, 2017 Update : Currently in the process of Manufacturing!

Oct 25, 2017 Update : New manufacturing quote received to start a new batch of metal flight stands.
    These new stands, manufactured for I Will Never Grow Up Games, should be the same specifications as the FMG Flight Stands. Availability to be announced (rough estimate - by end of year, 2017).

~~For those of you who have expressed interest in the status of the Field Marshal Games Flight Stands that we have had listed as out of stock for a while now;

Our last set sold at the end of February. We have been bugging since about getting more stock from Field Marshal Games.
    We were previously told (March 3rd) they would be available by the end of March, but now we are told that new stock has not even been manufactured yet.

As a result, unfortunately we do not have a restock date at this time.

This is unfortunate news and we are as frustrated as our customers, but we will continue to ask Field Marshal Games on a regular basis about the status of this product.~~

James Campbell
    I Will Never Grow Up Games
    www.iwillnevergrowup.com

• '18 '17 '16

It’s my fault, James. I’ve had about 4387 questions on my Youtube channel about where to get those wicked flight stands and I sent them all to you. I had to make a separate video on how to attach them to planes and where to order them just so I didn’t have to keep explaining it over and over again. Blame Canada.

Seriously though, FMG really knows how to crap the bed when it comes to supplying their products. They should grow up so the rest of us don’t have to (pun intended).  :roll:

• Sponsor

If FMG doesn’t want our money, than there are always other options…

thumbnail_Plane Stands.jpg

• @GeneralHandGrenade:

It’s my fault, James. I’ve had about 4387 questions on my Youtube channel about where to get those wicked flight stands and I sent them all to you. I had to make a separate video on how to attach them to planes and where to order them just so I didn’t have to keep explaining it over and over again. Blame Canada.

Seriously though, FMG really knows how to crap the bed when it comes to supplying their products. They should grow up so the rest of us don’t have to (pun intended).  :roll:

Lol. Always blame Canada! ;)

The issue with FMG in this particular case is in the division of the company. When it started it was run by 2 friends. A few years ago they split the company into two separate, autonomous divisions (sales/marketing, R&D/Manufacturing) with each of them responsible for one division. Neither division knows what the other is doing at any given time and the ball gets dropped a lot. The R&D/Manufacturing guy has great concepts but takes forever to get to them (or to reorder when they are low).

@Young:

If FMG doesn’t want our money, than there are always other options…

True, and cheaper … but less elegant.

Both divisions of FMG have been made aware they’ve lost money because of the delay. The number of emails I’ve gotten indicates huge interest in them and would also indicate there are so many MORE people who have seen they are out of stock for weeks/months and have moved on.

I’ve taken them off of our website until I actually have more stock in hand.

• Sadly, no new news on this front.

Frustration is the name of this waiting game here.  :|

• Sponsor

@IWillNeverGrowUp:

Sadly, no new news on this front.

They should just hand over their entire operation to you guys… that’s ridiculous.

• '17 '16

Anything relating to FMG, their service, their ability to do anything is completely and totally tarnished forever as completely unreliable. I trust nothing FMG says or promises.

Now IWNGU I completely trust and will vouch for excellent service… if IWNGU has something in their hands from FMG, I would order in a heartbeat and encourage others to do as well.

It is what it is…

• @Young:

@IWillNeverGrowUp:

Sadly, no new news on this front.

They should just hand over their entire operation to you guys… that’s ridiculous.

We do have the majority of the available product here and in stock.

Dice and the Plane Stands are the two we do not have a huge supply of (though dice can be restocked typically within the week). I am told there are TONS of dice left … take that with a grain of salt of course. Once the current batch of dice are through, I don’t know what will happen, but for now, we keep on keeping on!

If our web store says we have it then it’s 99% likely that we do (sometimes the stock miscalculates, but I tend to go over it every few weeks to make any necessary adjustments).
    Since our initial new stock ETA on the stands was completely shot out of the water I felt it better to simply de-list them until we actually get them in hand. Saves on a lot of emails asking “Hey, when will they be in?” (though of course, we still get those, lol).

• I have an order I want to place through you guys but also want these stands, and it would be nice to save on shipping. Should I bother holding out for these or do you think I would be wasting my time?

• '17 '16

@bgugs:

I have an order I want to place through you guys but also want these stands, and it would be nice to save on shipping. Should I bother holding out for these or do you think I would be wasting my time?

Personally, if I were you, I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for FMG to send IWNGU more flight stands. As previously mentioned, IWNGU is top-notch, and if they have it, they have it… but like everyone else, they are at the mercy of FMG’s empty promises, so if FMG tells IWNGU “ya, we’ll send you some flight stands”… I wouldn’t believe it till IWNGU has it listed in-stock… then you’re golden.

But for now, order whatever IWNGU has that you want, and keep watching to see if they ever get flight stands… I just wouldn’t hold back on ordering other things that are currently in-stock waiting for those flight stands to show up.

• As another option, note that Litko Game Accessories…

http://www.litko.net/

…has a large variety of acrylic flight stands, in many shapes and sizes…

http://www.litko.net/categories.php?category=Flight-Stands-%26-Accessories

…including separate bases, pegs and toppers.  Litko is never out-of-stock because they don’t actually keep an inventory; they manufacture units on demand as orders arrive.

• Here’s an example of a small-sized Litko flight stand, and an example of their toppers.  The description page for the flight stand actually includes a review by an A&A Global 1940 player.

http://www.litko.net/products.php?product=Mini-Flight-Stands-(10)#.WWPTS0-Wymw

Mini Flight Stands (10)

Product Description

Set of 10 stands

Mini flight stands are perfect for your board game pieces, and smaller vehicles. The triangular foot design allows you to pack a bunch of figures in a small space. Each stand is supplied with a 1 inch peg, and are compatible with all of LITKO’s flight stand pegs and accessories. These markers require assembly. We recommend our Craftics #33 acrylic cement for all our multi-part plastic products.

Product Reviews

1. Great for A&A 1940 Global

Posted by Brad on 29th Jul 2014

I purchased 4 of these stands to make 40 total for use in Axis and Allies 1940 2nd Ed. Global. These are great to add some dimension to a crowded board. The bases sit nicely on the A&A unit counter chips. I used 20 or so stands in Europe, since most planes are land based. This helped to free up some space since most of Europe is filled with land and air units at initial setup. Air units that were carrier based did not get a stand. I used 10 stands on the Pacific board since most of the air units are, or will be, carrier based. Overall a great addition to a game I love. The only downside is that some pegs seemed to fit some bases better than others, with a little finesse they all got assembled. Craftics #33 Cement was used to assemble bases and attach units, worked great.

http://www.litko.net/products.php?product=Flight-Peg-Toppers-(20)#.WWPUgE-Wymw

Flight Peg Toppers (20)

Product Description

Set of 20 peg toppers.

Flight Peg Toppers provide a larger “glue-able area” at the top of the flight peg to make it easier to attach models.

Designed for use with our standard 3mm - 1/8 diameter flight pegs.

• '17 '16

FYI, Marc CWO is a major stockholder in Litko Game Accessories…

:-D :wink:

• @Wolfshanze:

FYI, Marc CWO is a major stockholder in Litko Game Accessories…

For the record, I’m not – major, minor, or otherwise, except just possibly through some obscure corporate pension plan holdings that I’m not even aware of.  I’ve ordered a couple of times from Litko, but that’s it.

• Ya what I’ve seen I figured it wouldn’t be a good idea to wait. But it couldn’t hurt to ask. Thanks guys

• @bgugs:

I have an order I want to place through you guys but also want these stands, and it would be nice to save on shipping. Should I bother holding out for these or do you think I would be wasting my time?

I wouldn’t wait. We’ve been waiting on an estimated arrival of new stock on these since “End of April” … and as far as we can gather through conversation they have not even been manufactured yet.

• '14

@CWO:

As another option, note that Litko Game Accessories…

http://www.litko.net/

…has a large variety of acrylic flight stands, in many shapes and sizes…

http://www.litko.net/categories.php?category=Flight-Stands-%26-Accessories

…including separate bases, pegs and toppers.  Litko is never out-of-stock because they don’t actually keep an inventory; they manufacture units on demand as orders arrive.

@CWO:

Here’s an example of a small-sized Litko flight stand, and an example of their toppers.  The description page for the flight stand actually includes a review by an A&A Global 1940 player.

http://www.litko.net/products.php?product=Mini-Flight-Stands-(10)#.WWPTS0-Wymw

Mini Flight Stands (10)

Product Description

Set of 10 stands

Mini flight stands are perfect for your board game pieces, and smaller vehicles. The triangular foot design allows you to pack a bunch of figures in a small space. Each stand is supplied with a 1 inch peg, and are compatible with all of LITKO’s flight stand pegs and accessories. These markers require assembly. We recommend our Craftics #33 acrylic cement for all our multi-part plastic products.

Product Reviews

1. Great for A&A 1940 Global

Posted by Brad on 29th Jul 2014

I purchased 4 of these stands to make 40 total for use in Axis and Allies 1940 2nd Ed. Global. These are great to add some dimension to a crowded board. The bases sit nicely on the A&A unit counter chips. I used 20 or so stands in Europe, since most planes are land based. This helped to free up some space since most of Europe is filled with land and air units at initial setup. Air units that were carrier based did not get a stand. I used 10 stands on the Pacific board since most of the air units are, or will be, carrier based. Overall a great addition to a game I love. The only downside is that some pegs seemed to fit some bases better than others, with a little finesse they all got assembled. Craftics #33 Cement was used to assemble bases and attach units, worked great.

http://www.litko.net/products.php?product=Flight-Peg-Toppers-(20)#.WWPUgE-Wymw

Flight Peg Toppers (20)

Product Description

Set of 20 peg toppers.

Flight Peg Toppers provide a larger “glue-able area” at the top of the flight peg to make it easier to attach models.

Designed for use with our standard 3mm - 1/8 diameter flight pegs.

Thanks for the share. These have been around for awhile. I have had them in the past and the bases have to be so big because of the light weight material that it ends up being a nuisance.

I used to dabble in cnc machinery, maybe its time again ;)

• Sponsor

:wink:

• '14

Ask and you shall receive!

These are not readily available pegs from an online store.  The ones we used here are extruded acrylic rods that need to be cut to length. They have HIGH machine tolerance levels. What that means is they are 0.001"+/- from the advertised diameter, and they can be press fit into the base without glue. And no, they will not work loose. You need pliers and a lot of force to pull them apart. The base has more than enough density to stand up right with the biggest bombers in the game even if the table is knocked around. The base is a nickel coated steel 12mm in diameter that fits the center of the counter chips perfectly just like the infantry do.

Having just mentioned the infantry, the stands are 32mm tall from the table top to the tip of the peg, leaving more than enough room for that pesky japanese bayonet.

I hope the community enjoys them as much as I did making them for you!

Flight stands by wartorn.jpg

• We have a quote in for a new manufacture of the Flight Stands.

These are not made by (or for) FMG, but rather by our manufacturer. Waiting on a few questions to be answered, but we are looking at an initial run of approximately 5000 stands to be sold in 10 piece sets at $10 (CAD) per set.

Assuming there is enough interest, we’re a major step closer to getting these in by year end (if all goes well).

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m