• Could someone please explain to me what the balance mod is in the global game and why there is a need for it? Thanks.

• Hi gracecase and a warm welcome to the forum.

Among experienced players there is an acceptance that the out of box set up gives the axis a significant advantage. Until recently the most common means by which players correct this imbalance has been by a bid - by which each player in turn bids to be allies until the player willing to be allies for the fewest additional starting units takes that side. There are various variants to this bidding process about.

More recently some of our forum colleagues have sought to balance the game through additional national objectives by which the allies can enhance their income, plus some other interesting changes, such as Japan having to garrison Chinese territories in order to avoid insurrection and a Vichy France rule set.

Personally almost all my games now use these modifications.

• Thank you for quick response. Just got into the game a few years ago and all my games have been with my sons who are now 12 and 13. Our experience is limited but we really like the games a lot. Recently started painting all our pieces which is quite the undertaking. Thanks again Private Panic.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m