• Hi,

At the ripe age of 28, I have finally been introduced to this, the greatest game in the world.

My master is a seasoned veteran, having played for 10+ years, so you can imagine his consternation when I read through the rule book after my first game and found a point of disagreement - Weapons Development.

From my reading of the rules, when attempting weapons development, you first declare the item that you wish to develop and then you must roll exactly the number that corresponds to that item, whereas he believes that you simply must roll that number or higher. e.g. for rockets I believe you must roll a 2 and only a 2, his interpretation was that any roll of at least a 2 would count as a successful roll for the development.

Could any of you enlightened folk please help clarify this matter?

Thanks!

• @Chiral:

From my reading of the rules, when attempting weapons development, you first declare the item that you wish to develop and then you must roll exactly the number that corresponds to that item, whereas he believes that you simply must roll that number or higher. e.g. for rockets I believe you must roll a 2 and only a 2, his interpretation was that any roll of at least a 2 would count as a successful roll for the development.

Welcome to the forum, Chiral.

Your reading is correct:

@rulebook:

If you rolled the required number for the chosen development on any die, you’ve made the technological breakthrough.
    (For example, if you want the Super Submarines development, you need to roll a 3.)

HTH :-)

• '17

sorry for your seasoned body! But indeed you need to role exactly the right number. This also makes the game fair! Other wise you would have a 100% chance to get jet fighters?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m