• Question: can I buy something but not place it on the board until my next turn?
    My buddy bought 3 transports then proceeded to attack me with his navy but I wiped him out. Placing the transports on the board will just lead to me sinking them easily on my next turn since nothing will be able to defend them. Can he hold them until next round?

• '19 '17 '16

Only if you accidentally buy too many and then you get a refund.

• '17 '16 '15

Hi Locke
    Not 100% certain but I think if you can place you have to. If it becomes illegal to place then you are reimbursed

Ahh see simon already answered :)

• '18 '17 '16

That only happens on TripleA due to a programing issue.

• '19 '17 '16

@ShadowHAwk:

@simon33:

Only if you accidentally buy too many and then you get a refund.

I dont think that there is actualy a rule for this as well.
    You should not buy stuff you cannot place.

Kreighund has clarified that the rule is not for intentional over purchasing though. Only inadvertent.

• Found it here

Page 23, Phase 5: Mobilize New Units, paragraph 1: “If you purchased new units, you must now move all of them from the Mobilization Zone on the game board to eligible spaces you have controlled since the start of your turn.”

• '17 '16 Customizer

@Locke888:

Question: can I buy something but not place it on the board until my next turn?
    My buddy bought 3 transports then proceeded to attack me with his navy but I wiped him out. Placing the transports on the board will just lead to me sinking them easily on my next turn since nothing will be able to defend them. Can he hold them until next round?

No. He has to place them. Hopefully there’s more than that one IC to place them so they are not destroyed before his next turn. But he cannot “hold” them. They must be placed on the board. At least that’s how we’ve always played it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m