• I know this my be a novice question, but if a tank or a mech infantry only used one of its movement points during combat movement, can it use its second in non-combat movement to retreat or fortify a different position?

• @Magnetom:

I know this my be a novice question, but if a tank or a mech infantry only used one of its movement points during combat movement, can it use its second in non-combat movement to retreat or fortify a different position?

Welcome to the forum, Magnetom!

No, once those units moved during combat move (cm), they cannot move again in noncombat move (ncm).
    Retreating is independent from cm or ncm. This is a special action of the attacker that might be performed during the conduct combat phase
    (see retreat rules).

HTH :-)

• Hi P@nther,

I’ve been doing this incorrectly then in the few games I’ve played!

Do you have any idea why that’s the case? I mean, if the tanks have 2 movement points (I thought this extended beyond their blitz ability?), then why are they not allowed to retreat back?

P.s. I actually quite like this mechanic of the tanks moving in and out, makes it more difficult for the attacking team and helps out Russia somewhat.

Thanks.

• @Pvalerio:

Do you have any idea why that’s the case? I mean, if the tanks have 2 movement points (I thought this extended beyond their blitz ability?), then why are they not allowed to retreat back?

Well, it’s rules/game design… moving as well in CM as in NCM is granted to air units only. I don’t know, if there are other ideas behind this rule.

Tanks (as other attacking units) are allowed to retreat - in case the retreat rules during the Conduct Combat Phase match.
    But this is independent from having movement points after CM.

• Thanks. So this goes for sea units too then? If they’ve moved one space they have to stay put?

• @Pvalerio:

Thanks. So this goes for sea units too then? If they’ve moved one space they have to stay put?

Indeed, if sea units have moved in CM they cannot move again in NCM.

HTH :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m