• Hello all, I am in need of an Italian medium bomber.  I am looking for the 2 engine Br. 20 medium bomber from the FMG Italian combat units set.  I am interested in acquiring 5-6 of these planes at a reasonable price.  I am a high school senior saving for college which means buying 5-6 complete sets from FMG just for 1 unit type isn’t an option. 
    I am also open to advice on where I might be able to find some if they are not available here.  I have tried eBay and HBG so far.
    Thanks for the help!

• '17 '16

@Andy6049:

I am interested in acquiring 5-6 of these planes at a reasonable price. I am a high school senior saving for college which means buying 5-6 complete sets from FMG just for 1 unit type isn’t an option.

Going to be a straight shooter here… what you’re looking for is pretty rare to begin with… the FMG Italian set was rare when it was available, and has mostly been a non-existent ghost for most of it’s posted life on-line. If one needs to buy 5 or 6 of those sets to get 5 or 6 of those bombers, and the set itself was rare to begin with, expecting others to have done what you’re unwilling to do (buy 5 or 6 of those sets), then part with all the planes from those rare sets combined… and at a reasonable price?.. well… see where I’m going with this? The FMG Italian set is kind of a rare collector’s item to begin with… so unless someone died and left all the Italian sets they owned to their Niece who hates A&A, but monitors this forum or someone with a REALLY BIG HEART (as much as I’d like to be proven wrong here, I have a feeling I wont)… I don’t see you finding what you’re looking for (at least not under the terms of “reasonable price” for such a rare thing).

@Andy6049:

I am also open to advice on where I might be able to find some if they are not available here.

Which brings me here… I wish I had a really great piece of advice on where to find exactly what you need at a friendly price, but I don’t. The next question would be “why does it HAVE to be the Br.20?, and could you possible settle for something else?” Like one of the other options you can get for a reasonable price at HBG? That would be my best advice… settle on something else.

One final thing I know of, but am not familiar with… is the Shapeways route… you could try looking up Shapeways, but I’m not really an expert on that category, how much it will cost or if you can find what you want there, but that’s the only option I can think of if you’re still 100% focused on the Br.20… though that may be barking up the wrong tree.

Sorry my post isn’t very helpful, but I’m afraid you might be seeking something either too rare, or more pricey then you’re willing to pay.

Now if I can just find someone with a mint-condition DeLorean DMC-12 for under $1,000… that’s what I’m looking for.

• OK.  I had NO idea that the FMG set was rare.  I was an introvert to the community side of A&A until just recently.  Thank you for the information.  I will take a look at shapeways, I hadn’t thought of that.

The reason I am looking for a medium bomber is because I play Global War as well as A&A.  In GW, the aircraft classes are fighter, Tactical bomber, medium bomber, and strategic bomber.  The point of the Br. 20 is that it is easily recognizable as a medium bomber.

What did I mean by reasonable price?  A reasonable price fits the value of the product with respect given to consumer demand.  Reasonable price does not always mean affordable price.

PS - you can find DeLoreans, “slighty used” but in good shape, on Hemmings for under 30K.  I know, because I looked a few years ago when I put the amazing machine on my retirement wish list.  :-D

• '17 '16

@Andy6049:

OK. I had NO idea that the FMG set was rare.

To be honest, a lot of things from FMG were pretty rare… the Italian set was just kind-of the “rare of the rare things from FMG”.

FMG got a bad reputation as having bad/slow service on just about anything coming directly from them, and the Italian set always seemed out of stock regardless.

From my understanding, FMG products are now being distributed/shipped from IWNGU which is a good and reliable company… if you can find it in-stock with IWNGU, then I’m sure you’ll get it, but FMG’s past history, and that much-sought-after Italian set has its own track record of vapor-ware.

• '18 '17 '16

IWNGU has 73 sets of Italians right now. If you’re in the US your price will be lower than the $12.95 that they list on the product because of the difference in the Canadian dollar and American dollar. Unfortunately for you Andy, there is only 1 medium bomber in the set. I think the reason they were rare before is because FMG sucked balls. IWNGU is doing a much better job distributing FMG’s products.

• @GeneralHandGrenade:

IWNGU has 73 sets of Italians right now. If you’re in the US your price will be lower than the $12.95 that they list on the product because of the difference in the Canadian dollar and American dollar. Unfortunately for you Andy, there is only 1 medium bomber in the set. I think the reason they were rare before is because FMG sucked balls. IWNGU is doing a much better job distributing FMG’s products.

73 sets …. listed. We just took possession of another full case, which I am led to believe may be the last of them. Have not yet counted out how many are in this case.

We are considering splitting up several sets to sell bits individually but that may be a little ways off still.

• Splitting up the set to allow customers to purchase specific pieces would be great!

Does anyone know the scale of the A&A 40 German bomber?  I found some aircraft on shapeways that might work, but I have no idea what scale to look at.

• '17 '16

@GeneralHandGrenade:

I think the reason they were rare before is because FMG sucked balls. IWNGU is doing a much better job distributing FMG’s products.

I would have phrased it more tactfully, but he is quite correct about FMG… if IWNGU says they have them, then they have them… good company.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m