Offloading infantry with AA gun during amphibious.

• Hi friends…

I was wondering what happens if you encounter an amphibious assault, and on your 1 transport is one man and also the other slot is an AA gun which you’d want to land after the hopeful successful amphibious attack during non combat move.

I’d assume the AA gun can land in the territory because your transport has stopped and is still off loading, even tho not at the same time waiting in anticipation what to do with the left AA gun.

Is this allowed: infantry gets off, fights then AA gun off loads in non combat?

BH

• AA Guns can only be moved during the non-combat phase.

Limited Move: Normally this unit can be moved only
    during the Noncombat Move phase. An AAA unit cannot
    move during the Combat Move phase (other than being
    carried on a transport if the unit was loaded on a prior
    turn).

Transports can only unload once:

It can offload in only one territory, and
    once it offloads, it can’t move, load, or offload again that
    turn.

Unless there’s an exception I’m missing, you can either unload that infantry during the combat move and leave the AA gun on the transport until your next turn (since the transport can’t unload a second time) or you can unload that infantry/AA gun together during the non-combat phase. Additionally, unless you had loaded that transport on a previous turn then you’re stuck with option 2, since you can’t load an AA gun during the combat move.

• Hi Amalec…

That is what I am assuming, plan your transport loads carefully!

I get it that once the transports stops, that’s it, no more allowed movement once offloaded in a coastal territory.
    Can the AA gun or does the AA gun too get off loaded as well and not take part in the attack, or both infantry and AA don’t get to off load?

Anyone…What is the solution please!

BH

• Sorry if I wasn’t clear,

Is this allowed: infantry gets off, fights then AA gun off loads in non combat?

No. If the infantry fights, the AA gun can’t off-load.

Can the AA gun or does the AA gun too get off loaded as well and not take part in the attack, or both infantry and AA don’t get to off load?

No. The AA gun can’t unload during the combat movement because it cannot move during the combat move.

• '19 '17 '16

Amalec told you correctly.

It needs to be a different transport to NCM the AA Gun into the newly conquered territory. Even if you pre plan having the transport already loaded with an AA Gun on a previous turn, you can either unload the inf on the Combat Movement or unload the inf and/or AA Gun on the NCM phase. Not both.

• Hey…

Thanks all for answering! It was just something I hadn’t taken into consideration till I thought about it…

Love this forum as always .org!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m