• Hi All

I have been playing for a while but don’t know the rules on sub attacks completely( First Edition). I know they get a first strike and if successful one ship(s) are killed and taken off before the defender is able to strike back. Once the first strike is performed by sub:  the rest of the ships will roll and does the sub fire as wel?. If you attacked the second round and you left your subs there DO THEY GET A FIRST STRIKE AGAIN or not and then proceed too regular battle.
    My other question is there another place I can download the game  to work on windows 7 I tried the places you have suggested but cant seem to get to the links, and also play on line .
    thank You for your co operation and time This
    Rick

• Hi Saks and welcome to the forum.

The subs fire once per round only, either in surprise attack if the enemy has no destroyers or in the main battle if the enemy does have one or more destroyers present. In each round of the battle the same process is repeated, so the subs then throw again, as does every other warship or plane in the battle. Plus if the enemy’s destroyers have been sunk they can gain a surprise strike ability they previously lacked in that battle.

Not sure where you are looking, but I used the triple A game on windows 7 and now windows 10. These are the instructions I followed:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=27127.msg951007

Cheers
    PP

• my question is based on first edition so a sub has were  there are no dd or cruisers they have first strike attack than join the rest of the fleet for normal attack  then if another attack is needed it can have first stike again?  i tried your link but do not get axis and allies  something like it

• @SakslaneSoldat:

my question is based on first edition so a sub has were  there are no dd or cruisers they have first strike attack than join the rest of the fleet for normal attack  then if another attack is needed it can have first stike again?  i tried your link but do not get axis and allies  something like it

Welcome to the forum! :-)

Please specify what “first edition” you are talking about. There are some “first editions” of different Axis and Allies Games.
    Look at the game specific forum titels, that might help you to identify your version.
    Or are you talking about the first edition ever, that one of Nova Game Designs from 1981?

TripleA is the game engine that is necessary to be installed first. Once installed, you can additionally download the maps/scenarios that reflect the A&A games (and others). In case of further software related questions please open a thread in the software forum.

• @SakslaneSoldat:

my question is based on first edition so a sub has were  there are no dd or cruisers they have first strike attack than join the rest of the fleet for normal attack  then if another attack is needed it can have first stike again?

Yeh - I saw you edited your post after I posted my answer. I did not check which variant you were playing before answering because I believe the rules I describe apply to all the variants available today.

P@nther is our Rules Deputy, so if you help him to understand which variant you have you will certainly get the right answer from him.

@SakslaneSoldat:

i tried your link but do not get axis and allies  something like it

P@nther is also pretty hot on the software board. He implies (I think probably correctly) that you may not be looking at the map for the variant you want to play. There are dozens of maps available in triple A, ranging from each the out of the box game variants to all sorts of other A&A set ups, plus multiple non-A&A games. So - if you download triple A, then look at the various maps. If you cannot find what you want ask again, making clear exactly which map you are trying to find.

• @P@nther:

@SakslaneSoldat:

my question is based on first edition so a sub has were  there are no dd or cruisers they have first strike attack than join the rest of the fleet for normal attack  then if another attack is needed it can have first stike again?  i tried your link but do not get axis and allies  something like it

Welcome to the forum! :-)

Please specify what “first edition” you are talking about. There are some “first editions” of different Axis and Allies Games.
    Look at the game specific forum titels, that might help you to identify your version.
    Or are you talking about the first edition ever, that one of Nova Game Designs from 1981?
    Thank you for the invite first edition is the first comp game Hasbro brought out in 1998 copyright v5.0

TripleA is the game engine that is necessary to be installed first. Once installed, you can additionally download the maps/scenarios that reflect the A&A games (and others). In case of further software related questions please open a thread in the software forum.

• i belive the version iam refering to for subs surprise attacks is Hasbro copyright 1998 v5.0 after the intial attack do they fire with the rest of the ships and if there is another round to go do they get another first strike  capability

• @SakslaneSoldat:

i belive the version iam refering to for subs surprise attacks is Hasbro copyright 1998 v5.0 after the intial attack do they fire with the rest of the ships and if there is another round to go do they get another first strike  capability

Ah ok, the Hasbro 1998 software edition, then. Sorry for the irritation. This forum is basically about the boardgame versions - and we have the software subforum where we discuss software related questions. However the 1998 CD-version is rarely subject to discuss, because nowadays we use TripleA as a software platform.

Anyway - to answer your questions:
    The submarine fires only once per round of combat - and that is their first shot attack. So they don’t fire again with the rest of the ships.
    Submarines have their first shot attack in every round of combat.

HTH :-)

• @ShadowHAwk:

There was a version from hasbro if im correct as well. Clasic was released in some countries under a different brand first.

Yes, we are talking about the software from Hasbro, in the 90’s there might have been MicroProse or Infogrames labels, too.

Or do you now refer to the board games?
    There we have Nova Game Design (1981), Milton Bradley (“Classic”, 2nd Edition, 1984/86) and then Hasbro (Avalon Hills, Wizards of the Coast).
    Hasbro acquired MB in 1984.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m