Best Strategy & Tactics For Both Sides

• I have been playing Axis & Allies 1914 since 2013 when it first came out. I also got a nice huge upsized map & got plenty of extra playing pieces & more playing chips. The game is not bad, only downfall was there is not enough playing pieces & playing chips so one has to resort to getting more pieces. Playing this game on a much larger megamap is great.

Can some people give me a few tips on this note. What are the best Allied (British, French, Russian, American & Italian) tactics for this game.  And equally can someone give me their best suggestions for the Central Powers (Germany, Austro-Hungary Empire & Turkey).

Any help & suggestions would be much appreciated, I’ve been playing this game most times with a limited pool of people. At times i play this on a solitaire basis too. But i need help & suggestions in regards to this topic. It’s so frustrating when some games end up as a re-run or into stalemate.

• Customizer

The game should never stalemate - once the Americans start coming over the Allies should have an easy victory.

The CPs therefore only have a small window of opportunity to get their victory targets, and really they only have a realistic chance if the Allies play badly. It really depends on which Russian Revolution rules you’re using. Only this seems to give the CPs a chance, and even then the UK should be able to prevent it by reinforcing Northern Russia by sea and northwards from India.

Even with TR, the Allies greater movement by sea means they should always be able to out manoeuvre the enemy and get troops to where they’re needed more quickly.

• '18 '17 '16

I’m finding a lot of success as the Allies by having the French, Italians, and Russians gang up on Austria/Hungary from the very beginning. This causes the Germans to divert their attention to saving AH and not moving as fast as possible towards Russia. At the same time the Americans are building up and the British are spanking the Ottomans. Then the Americans move in, the Ottomans are toast, and that’s all she wrote.

I can’t offer any credible CP strategy because I haven’t found a way for them to win against a capable Allies player.

• Not been an English native speaker nor an expert in this game it seems to me a bit risky to give an advise. Any way I ’ ll give you some insights  on CP strategy because this game is terrific and I m really having fun.
    In my opinon the game , as it was the war, is balanced towards the allies so your only hope is an early victory to tip the scales or  pray for bad die rolls (which is not a good strategy at all).
    First, attack Russia and once out of the war move everything to France.
    Second, Italy have to be occupied.
    Third, Turkey is important to distract England and Russia (in the early stages).
    Fourth, why not to attack in the first turn the royal navy with the german high sea fleet. Is a good way to make England consume IPC and not get involved in Turkey.
    Fith, África a complete waste of time.

I hope it helps. I’m open to any new tips with the CP strategy.
    Regards from Spain

• I’ve been able to win Africa as Germany a few times. The problem is that it relies too much on luck to be a strategy. I believe that as the Central Powers, you have to “rush” Paris ,Moscow, or Rome before the UK and the US land in force. Once the US lands in Europe, Allied victory is very easy.

Some key points for the Central Powers

The Ottomans need to keep British and Possibly Russian and French Units tied down in the Middle East.

The Austro - Hungarians need to push into Italy to capture Rome and push Russian Units back to help the Germans

Germany “rushes” Paris and Moscow, as getting “bogged” down is what destroyed the Germans in the real war. Destroys the British North Atlantic Fleet, and does as much as they can to keep units occupied in Africa.

Some key points for the Allies

The French need to hold their ground, as they cannot push the Germans back far enough without British help

The UK needs to help their Allies wherever they can, put a majority of units in France, don’t leave too much tied up against Germany in Africa and the Ottomans in the Middle East.

Italy fights Austria and is on the back foot quickly if they don’t hold out with defense

Russia needs to draw all three Central powers’ units into battle with them to give time for the US to go to war

US supports where ever they are needed

This is all I have for now, as I’m leaving, I’ll be back.

• This is the most axis and alies game to date. I find even with capable players a 50 50 chance of victory if we play with tr.

Central powers stat.

Take out the royal navel first. Use subs in Atlantic to take out canadian fleet Germany should build 3bb 1st turn. Cp go straight for Russia. Put enough troops in border territories between enemy powers to bog down allies. After Russia falls, head straight for France. By that time even with America, Germany will be too powerful.

Allies

Take out the Ottos. France and britian go as offensive as possible if you see germ going for Russia. Help out Italy as much as you can. If it’s all out France, go defensive obviously in territories with germ. But with the rest, go offensive. Never go defensive too long. Make germ go defensive as soon as possible.

That’s my two cents.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m