• Hello, I have a question to all who have purchased and/or are using I Will Never Grow Up Gaming’s Industrial Production Chips. Question is, does one set with say, the minor upgrade of 5 extra 25 chips, is it enough to run through a game of 1940 Global? If not would buying two sets be sufficient enough? I’m the type of person that never wants to run out of something.

I went from pen and paper to Monopoly money to standard poker chips. I like the feel of the poker chips and find them easier to play with and collect and spend. If the IPChips don’t give enough though I might be forced to get HBG Battle Bucks or create my own custom labels for my chip set.

Regardless, these chips look awesome. Good work to IWNGU!

• '18 '17 '16

I have one set plus 2 minor upgrades (5x25 each). That seems to be enough although I do run out of 1’s occasionally. I wish there was the option of buying more 1’s.

I love these IPC chips.

• @GeneralHandGrenade:

I have one set plus 2 minor upgrades (5x25 each). That seems to be enough although I do run out of 1’s occasionally. I wish there was the option of buying more 1’s.

I love these IPC chips.

If anyone would like to buy individual chips, send us an email at sales @ iwillnevergrowup dot com and we’ll set up a custom order via PayPal for you.
    We have a limited supply of extras, which is why they aren’t available directly through the web store at the moment.

To be fair, we came out with these when Anniversary edition A&A was the big new thing and a set works well for that (and 1942/1941). Then 1940 came out and well … suddenly a set doesn’t quite make the cut for a Global game, but with the price and packaging options it’s tough to increase the size of a base set.

• Thanks GeneralHandGrenade. I didn’t think of getting more then one minor upgrade set what so ever. That would be another option. What would sway me from that is the “running out of 1s” problem. But it is still an option to have.

To IWNGU, the fact that this set was distributed first when the Anni edition came out doesn’t take from the fact that these look like an excellent product. Because of that I would have no issues purchasing two sets with two minor upgrades. It would give me a great product to use and it will help support a Canadian business man. We Canadians have to look out for one another!  :-D

Does anyone have two sets? And is this enough to play a game of 1940 Global? If not, I might go the GeneralHandGrenade route and purchase two minor upgrades. If I am going to run out either way, I will take the way that is easier on the wallet. But if two sets will be sufficient enough to not run out then that would be my preferred choice as I would prefer to not go back to paper money if I don’t have to.

• '18 '17 '16

I don’t run out of money I just temporarily run out of 1’s. The 2 minor upgrades gives you 250 IPC’s alone without the main set. I received an email today saying that I could purchase the chips at $1.25 plus the shipping fee. All you need to do for Global 40 is get about 10 ones I think if you have the minor upgrades.

• Sponsor

I bought 1 set, and won a set as a door prize at the FMG convention… all that said, I would still like more 10s, but I tend to go over board on all my components.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m