• How many stands are there in the FMG flight stands? Those who use them, are they worth it? Do they fall down often? How are the planes mounted on them. I don’t want my planes to be permanently attached to them, is the stand wide enough to attach a washer to it?

• '18 '17 '16

There are 20 of them in a package. They are bottom heavy so they stand up very well and don’t need a washer on the bottom. You actually have more space in a territory if you’re using them because they have a smaller footprint than a plane sitting on the board. I don’t think it’s a good idea to have them removable because you have no way of attaching them firmly if you don’t glue them. You want to drill a shallow hole with a 1/16 drill bit and then glue them into the hole. Some fighters are really tricky to drill that hole into without poking through so you’ll want to drill slowly. They are worth it if you like to pimp out your board. You would want to put  small magnets on your carriers so that they stay on properly. Once you do that they stay on better than planes with no stands or magnets. I’ll be making a customizations video in the next couple of weeks and I’ll get into detail about how to attach the flight stands. In the meantime you can see the planes on the carriers in my latest videos on Youtube to see what I’m talking about.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHkjC0E42d0

• Thanks GeneralHandGrenade….I want to get them for my bombers as I have made all my aircraft in 1/600 scale…perfect for fighters and tac bombers  and any planes 70 ft or smaller…70 ft and larger they start getting big

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m