• How much does it cost to upgrade a minor to a major complex

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

@generalTrible:

How much does it cost to upgrade a minor to a major complex

To upgrade a minor complex to a major one, you’ll have to pay 20 IPC.

So to give you a complete overview:

• minor complex: 12 IPC

• major complex: 30 IPC

• upgrade minor to major complex: 20 IPC

• On this topic, you can build a minor complex on any territory you control at the start of your next turn as long as it is worth 2 or more IPC. However you cannot upgrade it to a major unless you controlled it from the start of the game and it is worth 3 or more IPC.

" The industrial complex to be upgraded must be located on an originally controlled (not captured) territory
    that you have controlled since the beginning of your turn and that has an IPC value of 3 or higher."

If you take over normandy as america you can use that minor complex until paris is liberated, and then it belongs to France and you can’t use it as america anymore.

• thank you for the response  :-D

• Sponsor

@ShadowHAwk:

Your posting a lot of questions that are found in the rulebook.

Upgrade costs are literaly writen in the book
    Strategic bombing even has an example in the rulebook.

IMO the forum is to ask question about rules that are unclear not as a replacement for reading the rulebook at all.

IMO, new conscripts should not be ridiculed for asking a question about the game… I get hundreds of basic rule questions on my YouTube comment boards, I never respond with “just read the rule book”.

• Thank you young grasshopper I have a hard time finding things in the rulebook because it’s not in order and I find it easier to ask here

• Sponsor

@generalTrible:

Thank you young grasshopper I have a hard time finding things in the rulebook because it’s not in order and I find it easier to ask here

I understand the confusion that comes from a 2 book rule document for one game, and there are many here willing to answer any of your questions. That said, you should try your best to read the rule book from front to back, don’t concern yourself now with jumping between the Europe and Pacific books… just read Europe front to back and you will know 95% of the game.

• Alright I will do just that and I’ll go back to your channel and rewatch all your rule videos thank you again young grasshopper

• '19 '17 '16

Only bits not in the Europe rules are China and kamikaze. Only bit missing in pacific is straights afaik.

• @Strollmasta:

On this topic, you can build a minor complex on any territory you control at the start of your next turn as long as it is worth 2 or more IPC. However you cannot upgrade it to a major unless you controlled it from the start of the game and it is worth 3 or more IPC.

" The industrial complex to be upgraded must be located on an originally controlled (not captured) territory
    that you have controlled since the beginning of your turn and that has an IPC value of 3 or higher."

If you take over normandy as america you can use that minor complex until paris is liberated, and then it belongs to France and you can’t use it as america anymore.

Remember you can not build any complexes on any islands, except Japan, UK, and Sydney.

• '19 '17 '16

You can’t build factories on single territory islands. UK and Sydney aren’t a problem. Hmm, I guess if Japan were liberated I would wonder if you can buy the upgrade? Would never happen though.

• I meant to say Australia.

• @simon33:

… Hmm, I guess if Japan were liberated I would wonder if you can buy the upgrade?

Yes, Japan can.

• @Strollmasta:

On this topic, you can build a minor complex on any territory you control at the start of your next turn as long as it is worth 2 or more IPC. However you cannot upgrade it to a major unless you controlled it from the start of the game and it is worth 3 or more IPC.

Thank you for this post, it clarified a question I had  :-)

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

@Bravehart:

Remember you can not build any complexes on any islands, except Japan, UK, and Sydney.

This is a rule that slipt my mind on our first play, altough the situation didn’t occur. Good you gave this extra explanation Bravehart! Will remember it for our next play.

• Haha,

I try my best to be helpful when an opportunity arises!

• '21 '20 '18 '17

If you can capture japan under any circumstances you have my congrats since there are usually 30 infantry and 10 fighters on there during a minor turtle….

Its a funny rule about the islands;  why the heck is it OP to allow this?  Java Phil Hawaii Iwo are all prime places to get an MiC, and I don’t really see how it breaks the game to permit it.    Seems like it would open up some creative possibilities, at least.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

but it only takes a single destroyer to make that plan impossible because they can screen you

I’m not saying taking Japan could never happen, but its just too easy for them to build against a land invasion.  there are many reasons a land invasion is less viable than crippling Japan in other ways (such as SBR or choking his convoys to death, taking the islands back directly, or the coastal mainland) especially because of the transport loading rule and kamikaze rule which make attacking a well defended SZ 6 with a combined force of warships and transports any time before US 7 a difficult proposition.

• Perhaps not being able to build a minor IC is a game balance issue?  I would think that perhaps the ability to build on an island that is a capital i.e. Hawaii or Philippines would be an option?  It would make those two islands the hub of a lot of action I would think as one side or the other tries to take/defend.  Perhaps that’s too much on Japan?

I’ve taken Japan before, after Germany has fallen by everyone getting into position and SBR them to the stone age and then using the bomber stacks to pummel the infantry along with the amphibious action.  Takes bit to get it all working though.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

If you could build the MiC on some of those places you could start loading them up with troops before America is at war I suppose.  Most of them would be pretty vulnerable, its hard to envision any placement anywhere (even on the 1 or 0 IPC territories) to be totally broken since there is a cost for the factory and the troops that come with it and it always can be taken away and potentially used against you…

It does make the choices clearer, since there are just few good places to put a factory among dozens of territories.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m