Sired's card deck -NOW AVAILABLE-

• '17 '16 Customizer

UPDATE 2/16/2017

Card deck is now available! Download the PDF and go. There are 3 videos going over the deck, what in it, whats not, how to print.

Vid 1 - intro, most cards gone over
    Vid 2 - New cards added
    Vid 3 - Crap I forgot in vid 2 lol

Total cards 118

I do have 2 empty slots, if you have any ideas, please post here or on the youtube channel. Also, if you find errors, same thing, here/there and ill take care of it.

Ive worked hard on this deck, and I hope it works well for you! Now with this behind me, its map 100%!

Card PDF https://www.dropbox.com/s/s3ukuqhk7ikyk7f/SiredbloodAAADeck.pdf?dl=0

Video 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=267lX2jsqMM&t=340s

Video 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gu0jwYes2k&feature=youtu.be

Video 3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBIP1oCO0Hk&feature=youtu.be

Original Post:

Now that my Battle Boxes are coming to an end, finally had time and something to base the theme off of. Being old looking boxes to match my old looking game table, wanted old looking cards lol, and not so generic. You can see in the pic, the old card, just generic in color/theme.

Its a pretty huge deck, about 100 or so cards, never counted but that’s a good estimate (some are duplicates, example, every country has its own Combined Arms, Turn sequence, Research, subs, bombing raids, convoy, unit profiles, etc, etc.) on top of the national objective for Pacific, Europe, G40, and will have G42 if any are needed (haven’t looked).

I know by now you guys must wonder, wtf, does this guy have a life? …. uh, nope… I don’t :P

EDIT 1/13 -here is the vid, if interested in this deck post here or there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=267lX2jsqMM&feature=youtu.be

• Graphics look awesome

• '17 '16 Customizer

@R:

Graphics look awesome

Thanks bro! I went through several styles before arriving here. These are designed to fit into the piece boxes that come with the game in case I release the files, but there are so many cards already available from other members, I don’t want to step on toes offering yet another one lol, and I would have used ones already available, but I can never pass up an opportunity to do art, in addition, I wanted more cards for this/that.  :)

Ill continue to update this topic as I make them, finished the submarine and bombing card layout his morning :)

• If you’re willing to share your work I definitely think you should post it here. I don’t think you need to worry about stepping on people’s toes. You creating your own designs does not diminish the efforts of the other members of this forum. It simply comes down to people having different needs and tastes. I say go for it!

• '17 '16 Customizer

Finished the cards, had a couple left over to do from last night. Ended up being 126 total, going to the print shop tomorrow, ill post some pics… actually I should make a vid, lots o’data… now im thinking, ill have Italy box done tomorrow as well… pieces are all painted… ya, I need a vid, im taking Wed off, that will be vid day. Ill still post a pic or 2 tomorrow of the cards.

Back on map now.

• '17 '16 Customizer

Here is the video of the deck, I will make it available if there is enough interest. Its my first vid where I talk, so take it easy on me haha!

There is a HD option on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=267lX2jsqMM&feature=youtu.be

• Man, sb. You have really upped the ante with these. I loved the idea of using cards, but the graphic work on these is intense. Why the unusual size and shape? You doing all your own printing?

• '17 '16 Customizer

@Talkalots:

Man, sb. You have really upped the ante with these. I loved the idea of using cards, but the graphic work on these is intense. Why the unusual size and shape? You doing all your own printing?

Thanks for the comment!

The odd shape, started with, gathering all the data that was going to be needed to fit per card. Making it easily readable (I didn’t want anyone to have difficulty reading them). I started with max width, which I knew I wanted all the cards to fit in their OOB piece box. I made my first run way before I thought about making my own boxes, but I think its actually a good width. From there the height was just finding a uniform look, where I would end up using the max space and most cards. I think the fuller they are, the more pro it looks. Also, I knew I didn’t want front/back prints, I wanted everything per topic to fit on a single side…… don’t want to be flipping cards, I want to read side by side… see Unit stats and Combined arms at the same time, etc.

Didn’t mean to be long winded, but ya lol, that’s for the odd size. I took my files to Office Max, they did the printing. Was expensive for the set, double side print (there is a back, just not data) printed on cardstock, then laminated. Trust me, no one wants to pay what I did for this set, which is why IF there was interest id look into it being produced, Office Max is not the answer. (even though they did a Pro job).

I played a game yesterday at a hobby store, the cards really drew in some lookers, and everyone loved them around our table, everyone had cards laying around all over, I noticed everyone referring to them, was nice… way less questions about rules, new players doing things they normally wouldn’t do… our first game with 0 submarine questions! Was awesome lol.

• my setup is so beefy I can’t even take it to a local shoppe, so it all has to be in house. Excited to hear how the rules are working for you. tempted to whip up a set of cards for my own super modified variant and see if it helps streamline the spreadsheets and custom printed rulesets. Judging from the pics you are using some later form of Illustrator edit* photoshop, doh right?

Just so I’m clear, where does everyone find this beautiful silhouettes for their unit charts?

• '17 '16 Customizer

Just so I’m clear, where does everyone find this beautiful silhouettes for their unit charts?

I snagged mine out of the manual, if you don’t have a scanner to use your manual, you can grab the pdf off this site.

• '17 '16 Customizer

I don’t know how YG does it, I looked into getting the cards made, and its going to be way more work then I want to do (high five to YG for all the hard work, and research to do his deck), so what ill do is just let you download them, and print them yourselves. The reason I was trying to avoid that was due to me being a perfectionist, I didn’t want crap copy versions of my deck floating around (inkjet on regular paper haha), but in the end, its your deck, you can do it however you want.

Ill have these ready to go by the weekend sometime, I have family coming down tomorrow, and ill more then likely be busy with Disneyland and crap, so I cant give a precise date.

ill update the thread as I make more cards, im not short too many as far as I can tell, but ill be making a transport one next.

Also, ive been asked to make cards for HBG Global 1936-1939 which I agreed to do, so look for those as well soon.

• '17 '16 Customizer

Im in the process of fixing the setup charts to fit into the OOB boxes, and a few typos found, ill be done done soon, ill be able to release the files tomorrow.

• That is some thick card stock.  Well done high grade - very professional.  Office Max did a wonderful job - of course I can’t imagine what you paid to have 100+ cards done at that level of quality.

Im new to the game and I thought about making cards myself since I will be playing almost all of my games solo.

Well done and thanks for posting - I really enjoyed watching the video, seeing your completed hard work, and learning about sub warfare.

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

This looks really fantastic! I’m new to the game and after one game with my gaming group we decided to enhance the experience. I’m currently looking into getting a big map printed, but this deck of cards would be a great addition. Especially the setup cards and NO’s come in very handy.

Looking forward to see more of your customizations siredblood.

And please do release your files to the community  :-D

• '17 '16 Customizer

@Wedge:

That is some thick card stock.  Well done high grade - very professional.  Office Max did a wonderful job - of course I can’t imagine what you paid to have 100+ cards done at that level of quality.Â

Im new to the game and I thought about making cards myself since I will be playing almost all of my games solo.

Well done and thanks for posting - I really enjoyed watching the video, seeing your completed hard work, and learning about sub warfare.

Thanks for the comment! I was pricy but I do have a grip of duplicates…. 9 of this, 9 of that…9,9,9,9,9,9 haha. In addition it was printed double sided (I didn’t want white on the back). With some editing, you can get the cost down fast. Really a set for Axis and a set for Allied would probably be fine, but I didn’t want card sharing… “who has the Sub card?”… or new players night having all the facts in front of them, as someone might have a card they didn’t even know about.

Again thanks for the comment!

@Tjoek:

This looks really fantastic! I’m new to the game and after one game with my gaming group we decided to enhance the experience. I’m currently looking into getting a big map printed, but this deck of cards would be a great addition. Especially the setup cards and NO’s come in very handy.

Looking forward to see more of your customizations siredblood.

And please do release your files to the community  :-D

Thanks! Im making the last card (transport) later tonight, then ill make a new vid going over the new card, along with some changes that were made. Cost of printing and where to get the files. If not available tomorrow (game day :) ) ill have them available Monday. Thanks again!

• what program did you use?  Photoshop?  Adobe?

• He is using Photo Shop.

• '17 '16 Customizer

@Wedge:

He is using Photo Shop.

+1

Im going to make several PDF files (im working on now) more options for printing, ill go over it when im done, but should be more suitable for everyone’s needs/wants.

• '17 '16 Customizer

Just about done, made several edits.

My question is though, how many of you use YG house rule for London +5 for Germany?

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

As I just recently started playing Global 1940, I’m not (yet) playing with any house rules.

Having said that it would be great if your card deck would contain the OOB rules and maybe some often played house rules. As long as they are seperate cards that can be added or exchanged when wanted.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m