• '19

Sometimes I forget the basic rules so that’s why I have you guys lol.  My main American fleet is heading into Leyte gulf to meet the main Japanese fleet.  A few of my American carriers are loaded with Anzac fighters.  I know the Anzac fighters can’t participate in the attack but since they are in the zone of battle can they at least be taken as a casualty?

• Never ever. Anzac fighters are just cargo when the American carriers participate in the attack.
    If hits need to be assigned to those carriers and they sink, the Anzac cargo planes sink with them.

• '19

Awesome! Thanks for the quick reply!  Happy holidays :)

• If an aircraft carrier is damaged in battle can the tac. bombers and fighters still defend or must they stay on or off the carrier for the rest of the battle? If u know what i mean.

• @TrumpTrain16:

If an aircraft carrier is damaged in battle can the tac. bombers and fighters still defend or must they stay on or off the carrier for the rest of the battle? If u know what i mean.

Planes of allied nations being on an attacking carrier are just cargo and have to stay there until the carrier will be repaired.
    On a defending carrier the planes are defending in the air and continue fighting, but can’t land there, while the carrier is damaged.

Planes of the same nation are in the air once the carrier (either attacking (in case the planes join the battle) or defending) is in the battle. When the carrier is damaged, the planes continue fighting. But they will not be able to land on the damaged carrier.

• When the carrier is damaged, the planes continue fighting. But they will not be able to land on the damaged carrier.

But they have one space to land safely though don’t they? on a non damaged AC within one air space, or if that SZ battle has an island and you have ownership of, the one space can land there?

BH

• @Bravehart:

When the carrier is damaged, the planes continue fighting. But they will not be able to land on the damaged carrier.

But they have one space to land safely though don’t they? on a non damaged AC within one air space, or if that SZ battle has an island and you have ownership of, the one space can land there?

BH

This is correct.

Air units based on a defending carrier must land on the
    same carrier if possible after the battle. If that carrier is
    destroyed or damaged in combat, they must try to land
    on a different friendly carrier in the same sea zone, move
    1 space to a friendly carrier or territory, or be destroyed.

• Okay,

Thanks for responding and confirming Drunken Cat ( love the name! ).

BH

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m