• So I am posting here for the first time with a question I have never had asked before. I settled down and taught a new group of four to play Axis and Allies : Europe 2nd edition.

The game started very average and progressed normally until Italy’s second move then Mussulini just ran away with it. Germany had some issues with Yugoslavia and France, so Italy took over AAA defense of Western Europe.

Finally down to the question at hand… Germany has AAA all over, but Italy has one unit in Paris (which has no other units in it). If a tank wins a battle in Normandy or Holland, can it blitz an area that has only Anti Aircraft guns (which normally don’t provide defense) or do they provide what I would consider a ‘static’ defense against this move.

The question got raised by a first time player and I was astounded that it had never gotten brought before.

This is the difference between losing France or Winning as the Nazis. What’s y’all’s verdict?

• Hi Uvator, welcome to the forums.

Be careful with “If a tank wins a battle in Normandy or Holland, can it blitz an area”. Once a unit has fought in the combat phase, it can no longer move in the noncombat phase (planes are the exception). So no double battles. But let’s assume there’s a tank in Normandy at the beginning of your turn.

Answer to your question comes directly from the rulebook, page 15.

A tank (or mechanized infantry) that encounters enemy units, including AAA (antiaircraft artillery) units, or an industrial complex, air base, or naval base, in the first territory it enters must stop there and may not blitz.”.

So in your case there would be 3 reasons you cannot blitz through Paris: there is an AAA, there is an industrial complex, and there is an airbase.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m