• Hi there,

Activating a Strict Neutral is always in our games too ballsey to do, but I know it has been a major twist in a game for other players in there own groups, like doing the Spanish Beachhead.. It would be good to try one game to totally throw the other side of guard.

Taking Spanish Beachhead for this example. USA attacks Spain, making the territory American after a successful first attack win, so the other Strict become Pro Axis….except Mongolia.

So question is friends:  the territories that are now Pro Axis ( Turkey, Sweden etc ), can all air units fly over these territories immediately, OR is it in till they gradually get activated by either the Axis walking in/Allies attack them.

Thanks,

BH.

• Customizer

I believe while they are still neutral, no air units may fly over them from either side.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

Don’t think so because they are still Pro Axis Neutrals, and neutral flyovers are restricted.

Also unless you as the Axis kill Sweden and Turkey at the same time as you take Spain, you are in for a serious dogpile.

• '19 '17 '16

I’ve invaded Spain with the US quite a few times.  For me, anyway, I find that if you’re going to do that it’s best to have a plan for the UK to also take out Turkey that same turn lest either Germany or Italy quickly occupies it and is now sitting at the doorstep of the Middle East with an extra eight infantry to boot.

• I have yet to see any good strategy of invaading the neutrals aside from Spannish Beachhead.  Has anyone ever successfully done anything else? Turkey looks interesting to both the Allies and Axis.

• '19 '17 '16

@Charles:

I have yet to see any good strategy of invaading the neutrals aside from Spannish Beachhead.  Has anyone ever successfully done anything else? Turkey looks interesting to both the Allies and Axis.

Karl7 (as allies) played a game against someone as axis who successfully turned the game by invading the neutrals, I guess because of the link from Greece to the middle east.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

Maphead does it to me all the time.  Turkey gives you a direct route into Russia without having to use transports or go the long way.  Attacking Spain gives you a route to attack Gibraltar over land.  Killing infantry alone with air power is really easy.  In G42(tournament rules), attacking the neutrals at the end of the game can give you extra crucial economic victory income.

Unless somehow the allies know you are going to do it, they won’t necessarily be well positioned to get their gravy territories in South America and Saudi, and even when they do, the infantry may be far from the front.

The key is that you have to attack all 3 of Turkey, Sweden and Spain simultaneously.  The other neutrals aren’t that significant.

The only problem is that it doesn’t do much directly advance your victory by getting key cities, victory chits, much more income or by hurting the allies.

• @knp7765:

I believe while they are still neutral, no air units may fly over them from either side.

Is this the correct answer from knp?!

• '19 '17 '16

Yes. You can’t overfly pro axis or pro allies neutrals. Attacking a different neutral territory only converts from true neutral to pro axis/pro allies.

It’s clear.

• Cool, thanks. Will let my group know!

BH

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m