Moving units and gaining victory points

• hey guys, i was playing with Guadalcanal again today and i kinda forgot one of the rules lol. OK ill give an example… 2 Japanese destroyers are in sea zone D and 2 American destroyers are in sea zone D as well. its the Japanese 1st turn for movement phase for the destroyers, can i move the destroyer forward or back a sea zone or i cant because there is the American destroyers in the way and i have to destroy them first? like you know how in d-day you cant move your units forward because there is the enemy and you have to destroy the enemy first.

and 2nd question is how it says you gain victory points for every undamaged airfield you have. if i have 1 American airfield after round 1 and build another in my build an airfield phase do i gain an extra victory point for the fresh airfield i built or i don’t include the one i built? and just have the one i had at the start of the game?

thanks guys for your time and consideration,

Anzac Defender

• '16

I have been playing GC recently, AD. Reckon I’ll take a swing at this.

@Anzac:

can i move the destroyer forward or back a sea zone or i cant because there is the American destroyers in the way and i have to destroy them first? like you know how in d-day you cant move your units forward because there is the enemy and you have to destroy the enemy first.

During the movement phase, you may freely move land, sea and air units out of territories and sea zones that contain enemy units. There is no locking of units in combat.

@Anzac:

…how it says you gain victory points for every undamaged airfield you have. if i have 1 American airfield after round 1 and build another in my build an airfield phase do i gain an extra victory point for the fresh airfield i built or i don’t include the one i built? and just have the one i had at the start of the game?

In Phase 3, airfields are built in step 3 and victory points are assessed in step 5. The rules for step 5 say to count “each undamaged airfield he or she controls.” There is no stipulation regarding when that control began. Therefore, the new airfields are included in the count. In your example, you will add 2 victory points to America’s vp track.

Hope this helps. GC Rules! :-)

• Thank you very much this helped me alot  :-D

• Sundown kid is correct. Units don’t get locked in combat. Note also that if you’ve built the airfield with supplies you control you score the point even if you don’t control the island.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m