• So my dad keeps on wondering what ships do other than conquering islands and protecting transports. He wonders why they aren’t like fighters or bombers: they shoot land targets but they can’t conquer the territory without any land troops. So like a battleship from Japan fighting an infantry in western U.S.A.

I’m wondering can you retreat if your the defender. Like let’s say you don’t want to fight so you take everything from that space and put it into a different zone, giving the land to the enemy. Ex: Germany attacking Caucasus with tons of troops you can’t stand against, so you retreat to Russia. Is that aloud? Thanks in advance.

• @Ttfno:

So my dad keeps on wondering what ships do other than conquering islands and protecting transports. He wonders why they aren’t like fighters or bombers: they shoot land targets but they can’t conquer the territory without any land troops. So like a battleship from Japan fighting an infantry in western U.S.A.

Remember the 1941 edition is a very simplified version. Offshore bombardment is used in other editions of the game.

@Ttfno:

I’m wondering can you retreat if your the defender. Like let’s say you don’t want to fight so you take everything from that space and put it into a different zone, giving the land to the enemy. Ex: Germany attacking Caucasus with tons of troops you can’t stand against, so you retreat to Russia. Is that aloud? Thanks in advance.

No, the defender can never retreat.

HTH :-)

• Oh thanks man this really helps. This is basically solving my problems. But just one question, is there a game that is like A&A 1914 (Ww1 game) that is good. I don’t know A&A 1914 looks a little problematic with some reviews and the board doesn’t look good. I want something good for my money. (Summary: Do you know a good Ww1 board game that’s like 1914?)

• Personally, I’ m more interested in WW II scenarios, so I don’t know other ‘physical’ WW I-boardgames.
    But there is a map called “Great War” covering WW I to be played using the TripleA software.
    If interested, learn more about TripleA in the software subforum:
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?board=53.0

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m