Re: UK Europe/Pacific map crossover at India?

• Hi– I’m sure these 2 questions have been asked multiple times but doing a search I can’t find them in the results so I’ll just ask again. If there are UK sea units on the Europe side of the map (say in sea zones 77, 78 or 80) and they end up moving to sea zone 39 (off east India) for either combat or non-combat on the UK Europe turn, since they are now in UK Pacific territory do they now get to move again for either combat or non-combat when it becomes the UK Pacific turn immediately after?
    Also-- is sea zone 79 (off West India) considered part of the Europe map for designating which half of the UK is in control or is it part of the Pacific map since West India itself is part of that (Pacific) control zone according to the rules for Global?

Any clarification would be appreciated, thanks.

• UK pacific does not have its own turn. The turnorder in global (Europe rulebook p34)  is  1 Germany, 2. Soviet Union, 3. Japan, 4. US, 5. China, 6.UK,  7.Italy, 8. ANZAK, 9. France.

It is all pretty clear under the header "Global UNited Kingdom Rules, One Power, Two Economies.

in short, the UK turn is:
    Produce, (UKP and UKE produce seperatly), Combat Moves (Both Power moves), Combat (Both Power fights), NCM (Both Powers NCM), Place Purchase (Both power places, restrictions apply), Collect income (Economy is seprate).

So, it is one power, but you keep the money separate.

Under the rule, forexample:

Comat Moves, Conduct Combat, and Noncombat Moves All combat moves, combat, and noncombat moves are made or conducted as any other powers single, united force.

"

• Oh, duh, that’s embarrassing. We’ve been playing this wrong for 6 months now, treating the 2 separate economies as 2 separate turns. I guess paying too much attention to the list of starting incomes and not to the actual turn order list which is right under that in the book. Sigh. But thank you, that brings clarity all right!

• @Bentley:

Oh, duh, that’s embarrassing. We’ve been playing this wrong for 6 months now, treating the 2 separate economies as 2 separate turns. I guess paying too much attention to the list of starting incomes and not to the actual turn order list which is right under that in the book. Sigh. But thank you, that brings clarity all right!

It may be wrong under the out-of-the-box rules, but there are various house rules which in effect treat UK Europe and UK Pacific as separate powers.  A good example would be the treatment of UK Europe and UK Pacific in Young Grasshopper’s house rules.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

May be another good time to remind that all the territories on the Western Board belong to UK Atl econ

And all the territories on the Easter Board belong to UK pac economy….

The only exceptions to these rules are Canadian territories which belong to UK Atl and West India that belongs to UK pac…I think…The UK pac only has the $1 for Canada when you play the Pac board alone

Regardless of “whose” british units capture these territories.  Iraq, Persia etc always belong to UK Atl., for example.  If you want a MiC in Persia, only UK Atl can buy it or fund purchases there.

There is no such thing as a “UK Pac” or “UK Atl” unit, only separate UK $ and UK control.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m