• In my area I only have one friend who has the endurance to play a full 1940 global game, however I can beat him in almost every game, wether he is axis or not. What is a good way to even out the teams and make the games more competitive?
    FYI: we play with altered rules where the allies only need two allied capitals to win and that the axis need to take 11-12 victory cities on the whole map to win.
    Any ideas to even it out would be appreciated.

• Try giving him a bid of about 25 IPC’s and when he starts winning, shrink it down slightly and allow him to grow in the process.

• Sponsor

@Hunter:

Try giving him a bid of about 25 IPC’s and when he starts winning, shrink it down slightly and allow him to grow in the process.

This is a good idea… give him the bid when he plays either side, it’s like a handicap score in golf.

• Thanks YG. It was a spur of the moment idea.

• Ok, how much for axis and how much for allies, he needs less of a leg up when he plays axis.

• Sponsor

@Fredrico:

Ok, how much for axis and how much for allies, he needs less of a leg up when he plays axis.

Personally, I would say 25 IPC bid for the Allies, and a 15 IPC bid for the Axis… reduce it by 5 IPCs each game he wins against you.

• Ok, although the real problem for him seems to be the late game, he gets super close to closing it out, and then he loses either japan or Italy for the allies. Can you think of anything that effects the late game more?

• '18 '17 '16

You could try spreading out the bid every odd turn, 1, 3, 5. Where are you guys? Maybe finding a few more players would help.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

Jon’s No-Bid Mod:

Russia Moscow +Add Strategic Bomber
    Cruisers reduced to 11
    Strat Bombers increased to 13
    SZ 110 Add UK Destroyer

Instead of a bid, give him extra “Lend Lease” IPC’s he can spend on Russia every turn (d6+2?  4 per turn?), maybe only on a limited choice of units (mechs?)

If you want him to play Axis with a boost, give him an extra Italian destroyer where he doesn’t have one (eg Taranto)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m