What do you think about sticky introductions into submarine and transport rules

• '18 '17 '16

When following the forums of 1941 and 1942.2, I counted roundabout 20 topics (that is up to 10 percent) with questions concerning submarine or transport rules in both of the forums. It seems that for new players especially these rulebook parts are difficult to understand. Wouldn’t it be appropriate to pin down these rules in general parlance and to make them sticky in the forums? Honor to the members, who has already answered the more or less countless questions concerning these topics, but in my opinion we should put an end to this and stop to reinvent the wheel by giving a clearer wording to these mechanics of the game obviously difficult to understand. What do you think?

• '17 '16

@dedo:

When following the forums of 1941 and 1942.2, I counted roundabout 20 topics (that is up to 10 percent) with questions concerning submarine or transport rules in both of the forums. It seems that for new players especially these rulebook parts are difficult to understand. Wouldn’t it be appropriate to pin down these rules in general parlance and to make them sticky in the forums? Honor to the members, who has already answered the more or less countless questions concerning these topics, but in my opinion we should put an end to this and stop to reinvent the wheel by giving a clearer wording to these mechanics of the game obviously difficult to understand. What do you think?

For my part, I revised these TPs and Subs rules to make interactions simpler between Subs, Destroyers, planes and TPs for tabletop games.
    Your comments makes me thinks about an alternate rules set which can be provided in addition to the OOB rules. New players can use it as a simpler intermediary or introductory step.

• '17 '16

Sorry Dedo,
    my intent was not to derail your thread which IMO was at its right place.
    The moderator have wrongly moved your thread too fast in the wrong forum for sure.
    Just open and repeat your post on the original forum. This time I will not suggest that an hypothetical House Rule can be a different way to solve your issue.

I hope this time you will not be moved out of your right forum.

• '18 '17 '16

No problem, perhaps the thread was moved, because it was viewed more than a 100 times but not answered yet by anyone.

It was a little bit strange to me when I had a look at the original forum this morning. At first sight I thought, the thread was deleted - with no comment. Well, weird, but finally I found the post here. Thank you for your answer!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m