New & Modified G40 Production facilities

• Sponsor

Inspired from Halifax rules but changed significantly… There’s a lot going on here as every production profile is different in their own way from placement requirements, build restrictions, downgrades, AA defence, and upgrade capabilities.

New & Modified G40 Production Facilities

Industrial Complex: (Black)
    Cost - 30 IPCs
    Produces up to 10 units
    Maximum damage 20
    Unoperational at 10 damage
    Capable of mobilizing all unit types
    May only be damaged by strategic bombers
    Contains a built in AA gun for defence against SBRs (1@1 per attacking bomber)
    May only be placed on an originally controlled territory (not islands) with an IPC value or 3 or greater
    Immediately downgraded to an major factory once captured

Major Factory: (Gray)
    Cost - 20 IPCs
    Produces up to 5 units
    Maximum damage 10
    Unoperational at 5 damage
    Capable of mobilizing all unit types
    Contains a built in AA gun for defence against SBRs (1@1 per attacking bomber)
    May be placed on any controlled territory (not islands) with an IPC value or 3 or greater
    Immediately downgraded to a Minor Factory once captured

Minor Factory: (White)
    Cost - 15 IPCs
    Produces up to 3 units
    Maximum damage 6
    Unoperational at 3 damage
    May only mobilize units costing 10 IPCs or less
    Contains a built in AA gun for defence against SBRs (1@1 per attacking bomber up to a total of 3)
    May be placed on any controlled territory (not islands) with an IPC value or 2 or greater
    Immediately downgraded to a military outpost once captured

Military Outpost: (Green)
    Cost - 10 IPCs
    Produces up to 3 units
    Maximum damage 6
    Unoperational at 3 damage
    May only mobilize infantry and/or transport units
    May be damaged by both tactical and strategic bombers
    Contains a built in AA gun for defence against SBRs (1@1 per attacking bomber up to a total of 3)
    May be placed on any controlled territory including islands
    Immediately changes hands once captured

4 colors of plastic houses are available at HBG, lots of Black, Gray, White, and Green in stock, each unit purchased contains 5 houses… http://www.historicalboardgaming.com/Victory-City-Marker-Small--Token-x5_p_383.html

Upgrading facilities:

Major factories may be upgraded to industrial complexes for 12 IPCs provided that placement requirements have been met.

Minor factories may be upgraded to Major factories for 12 IPCs provided that placement requirements have been met.

Military outposts may be upgraded to Minor factories for 12 IPCs provided that placement requirements have been met.

Modified setup:

Germany
    Western Germany - Industrial Complex
    Germany - Industrial Complex

Soviet Union
    Russia - Industrial Complex
    Novgorod - Major Factory
    Volgograd - Minor Factory (immediately upgraded to major factory if Ukraine has been captured)
    Ukraine - Minor Factory

Japan
    Japan - Industrial Complex

United States
    Western United States - Major Factory (immediately upgraded to IC when at war with Axis powers)
    Central United States - Major Factory (immediately upgraded to IC when at war with Axis powers)
    Eastern United States - Major Factory (immediately upgraded to IC when at war with Axis powers)
    Hawaiian Islands - Military Outpost

United Kingdom
    United Kingdom - Industrial Complex
    Quebec - Major Factory
    Union of South Africa - Minor Factory
    India - Major Factory (immediately upgraded to IC when at war with Japan)

Italy
    Southern Italy - Major Factory
    Northern Italy - Major Factory

ANZAC
    New South Wales - Major Factory

France
    France - Industrial Complex
    Normandy - Major Factory
    Southern France - Major Factory

• 2024 '22 '21 '19 '15 '14

I like the idea. I’m curious about the military outpost though, specifically about the need to restrict it based on the IPC value of the territory?

I understand that this allows you to control where they can be built, but it seems to cut off many potential locations where such an outpost unit might introduce more gameplay interest. There aren’t many islands worth a single IPC, (where an island is defined as any territory completely contained within a single sea zone.)

There are only 6 territories on the map that meet the criteria, West Indies, Madagascar, Formosa, Okinawa, Iwo, and Hawaii.

Japan’s starting IC violates the island prohibition, even in the OOB game, which always struck me as inconsistent.

Personally I’ve always found it a bit odd how Iwo Jima gets 1 IPC on the game map, but a much larger island like Sicily or Sardinia is worth zero? Although I suppose that’s a different conversation.
    :-D

Just for the record Iwo Jima is less than 10 sqare miles in area and worth 1 ipc in the game, whereas Sicily is nearly 10,000 sqare miles and worth Zero!  The internal logic of the IPC distribution on A&A game maps just escapes me completely.

Perhaps it is too much of a departure, but I’d be interested in something like an “island outpost” that could be built on any such territory regardless of whether it has a value, if only because there are so many of those territories in the game that don’t otherwise get much play.

• Sponsor

This would be my solution to that…

May be placed on any controlled territory including islands, however, a military outpost on a territory worth 2 IPC or more may mobilize any unit that costs 10 IPCS or less. A military outpost on a territory worth 1 IPC or less may only mobilize infantry and/or transports.

See below…

• Sponsor

Added new facility to original post… 4 production facilities now available.

• @Black_Elk:

Japan’s starting IC violates the island prohibition, even in the OOB game, which always struck me as inconsistent.

Japan is not an island, its a continent like Europe, Africa, Greenland or Australia.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m