• Has anyone found a good quality photo of the Global 1940 2nd Edition setup?  I often want to see it while brainstorming about opening strategies, but all the ones I found on google are either incorrect or not of the initial setup.

• Why don’t you use TripleA for that purpose?

Just check out these links if you like:

http://triplea.sourceforge.net/mywiki
    and
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=18278.0
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=27127.0

Enjoy :-)

• @P@nther:

Why don’t you use TripleA for that purpose?

Because it keeps crashing on my desktop, but I appreciate what would otherwise have been a good suggestion.

Though really, one shouldn’t have to install a large Java program just to get the equivalent info of a good photo.  I’m fairly shocked I didn’t find one on google image search.  I suppose next time I set up the board I could take a photo myself, but it’s the internet – I can’t imagine no one’s done it already.

• @odigity:

…Because it keeps crashing on my desktop, but I appreciate what would otherwise have been a good suggestion.

Though really, one shouldn’t have to install a large Java program just to get the equivalent info of a good photo.  …

It’s not only for that of course, but for comfortable online and offline gaming, too.
    If you are interested just post some more information about your system and your problems running TripleA in the Software section.
    Then we could try to sort it out, just an offer…

• @P@nther:

@odigity:

…Because it keeps crashing on my desktop, but I appreciate what would otherwise have been a good suggestion.

Though really, one shouldn’t have to install a large Java program just to get the equivalent info of a good photo.  …

It’s not only for that of course, but for comfortable online and offline gaming, too.
    If you are interested just post some more information about your system and your problems running TripleA in the Software section.
    Then we could try to sort it out, just an offer…

Ubuntu 15.10, it keeps freezing during the game (not accepting input) requiring a restart.

• We could fix this problem easily if someone volunteers to take a good photo next time they’re about to play Global 1940 and then uploads it.  I’d do it, but I don’t own a set; my friend does, but he’s unavailable for the next few months.

• I know one of the members of this forum ( young grasshopper) has youtube videos of the game…perhaps those would help?

• Hi…

Here is the 2nd edition set up for you. Hope this helps!

The two very bottom corners are cut off due to it’s size, but all the pieces are there to see. It is slightly blury on close up, but this is all I have from my photo’s. If you’re unclear what’s what and where, simply check the set up in the game.

Cheers, BH

IMG_6481.JPG

• '19 '17 '16

The UK inf in West India is missing.

• Sponsor

It looks like some ANZAC units are missing as well.

• Oh yes…

Next time I get the chance of set up of 2nd edition will do a better job to take a picture showing the whole board making sure all is in the right space.

BH

• '19 '17 '16

2nd inf in Egypt isn’t removed for 2 ANZAC inf either.

Not sure I can make out which ANZAC units are there but the Cruiser is missing.

I hope we can get this with those corrections.

• @Bravehart:

Here is the 2nd edition set up for you. Hope this helps!

It does, thanks!  I know some people already found mistakes, but even close is better than nothing, which is what we had before.

Now I can finally start planning my strategies while I wait for the next gaming window…

• No problem, glad you’re appreciated by it. Pretty sure those minor mistakes can at least give you in your shoes a good start to what you requested. Will work on a better picture and post when I can!

BH

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m