Rules question regarding capital loss and pending units

• If you have units that you didn’t place from a previous turn that are waiting in your mobilization zone, and someone takes your capital, are you permitted to place these units during the place units step of your next turn at complexes still under your control?

EDIT: Huh, just consulted the rulebook and it says units purchased in excess of production capacity MUST be returned to the box and their cost is refunded to you. I guess ‘pending units’ is no longer a thing, I thought you were able to keep purchased units in reserve for future turns if you didn’t want to place them just yet. I must be thinking of an older edition.

• Sponsor

I played the “pending units” way a couple of years ago before I understood the correct way, I hope it wasn’t me that messed you up.

• '19 '17 '16

Indeed, it has been mentioned that is only supposed to be done for inadvertent over purchasing.

• @Young:

I played the “pending units” way a couple of years ago before I understood the correct way, I hope it wasn’t me that messed you up.

It definitely wasn’t you YG, I think it’s just an old holdover from Anniversary or something.

• @creeping-deth87:

… I think it’s just an old holdover from Anniversary or something.

Yes indeed, it has been an Anniversary rule. Starting from Spring 1942 the refund rule has been implemented.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m