Axis & Allies .org 2016 Support Drive

• Founder TripleA Admin

Welcome to the 2016 Axis & Allies.org support drive. This support drive will end on December 31, 2016 and the next one will begin on January 1, 2017.

All 2015 Patrons will receive a 10% discount for 2016 Support Jan. 1 to 31, 2015

Note: please log in when you purchase your badge. You will get your badge more quickly.

Amount raised: $2410 ($2015 in 2015)
    Number of 2016 patrons: 90 (67 in 2015)
    (last update January 4, 2016)

Gold Patrons (32)
    freh (Jan. 3)+
    variance (Jan. 3)+
    P@nther (Jan. 4)+
    wittmann (Jan. 4)+
    CWO Marc (Jan. 4)+
    John Brown (Jan. 4)+
    Private Panic (Jan. 4)
    dawgoneit (Jan. 4)+
    BerntBernt (Jan. 4)+
    DizzKneeLand33 (Jan. 4)+
    JWW (Jan. 7)+
    ArtofWar1947 (Jan. 8 )+
    Zhukov44 (Jan. 10)+
    PGMatt (Jan. 10)
    Balladeer (Jan. 13)+
    General Haig (Feb. 12)
    siparo (Feb. 23)
    Von Kuulness (Mar. 28)
    seancb (Apr. 22)
    DaddyK (Jul. 12)
    Hambone (Aug. 26)
    Karl7 (Nov. 27)
    SS (Nov. 27)
    Robson (Nov. 27)
    Omega1759 (Dec. 2)
    coachofmany (Dec. 13)
    Trenacker (Dec. 14)
    Der Kuenstler (Dec. 16)
    Marshmallow of War (Dec. 18)
    Young Grasshopper (Dec. 21)
    SundownKid (Dec. 25)
    captain walker (Dec. 29)
    Ferrousgryphon (Mar. 24, 2017)**

Silver Patrons (21)
    JuanSpain (Jan. 4)+
    LHoffman (Jan. 5)+
    alexgreat (Jan. 5)+
    radar231 (Jan. 7)+
    Giallo (Jan. 13)
    userx (Jan. 13) +
    Me1945 (Jan. 17)+
    StuckTojo (Mar. 4)
    craykirk (Apr. 14)
    rgp44 (Aug. 8 )
    koba (Nov. 27)
    thenorthman (Nov. 29)
    Bjergmose (Dec. 2)
    Spitfire38 (Dec. 2)
    Baron Munchhausen (Dec. 13)
    axis-dominion (Dec. 14)
    oysteilo (Dec. 15)
    Mill Creek (Dec. 15)
    barney (Dec. 31)
    Canuck12 (Dec. 31)
    gamergray (Jan. 4, 2017)**
    GeneralHandGrenade (March 23, 2017)**

Bronze Patrons (37)
    hkytown1 (Jan. 4)+
    toblerone77 (Jan. 4)+
    Entek (Jan. 8 )
    JEB (Jan. 13)
    Geograph (Jan. 20)+
    teslas (Jan. 25)+
    innohub (Feb. 3)+
    aequitas et veritas (Feb. 10)
    majikforce (Feb. 13)
    WoodyWanKenobi (Feb. 17)
    Maddog77 (Apr. 13)
    tefalk01 (Jun. 11)
    siredblood (Oct. 23)
    Imperious Leader (Nov. 27)
    84tigers (Nov. 28)
    Cmdr Jennifer (Nov. 29)
    ch0senfktard (Dec. 3)
    IWillNeverGrowUp (Dec. 13)
    Churchhills_bombers (Dec. 13)
    t0mb0mb87 (Dec. 13)
    Argothair (Dec. 13)
    Carolina (Dec. 14)
    General Veers (Dec. 14)
    warrafael (Dec. 14)
    Caesar1 (Dec. 14)
    kilroynothere (Dec. 14)
    JeffM (Dec. 15)
    Wolfshanze (Dec. 15)
    simon33 (Dec. 15)
    sanitationman (Dec. 15)
    dedo (Dec. 16)
    Bacala (Dec. 16)
    Patryn (Dec. 16)
    Fuhuisan (Dec. 18)
    GeneralSvend-Sved (Dec. 22)
    Degrasse (Dec. 24)
    R DiStefano (Dec. 31)

• patron in 2015, renewed in Jan.
      ** if you ask nicely and it’s within a few days of the new year, you can get an old badge

These funds will go towards the following:

• Server hosting

• Server backup

• Cloud storage on Amazon S3 (this bill has skyrocketed from $25/month to $115/month

• SSL certificates (for the new forum)

• Domain registration

• DNS hosting (this bill will go from $10/month to $20/month in June 2016

• Promotional material

• Running events

• Producing high quality YouTube videos

• Akismet anti-spam subscription

• LLC (limited liability company) taxes and upkeep

• Taxes
      • Tax software
    • Website design (one or more of the following)

• Adobe software

• Premium themes

• Web designer

• New forums setup (servers, time, etc.)

There will be three support levels available. When you donate, you will receive a special badge on your profile.

Gold Patron - $50
    � Silver Patron - $25
    � Bronze Patron - $10

Note: � For 2016, the tank on the badge is the German Tiger I.

To donate, just click on the “Buy Now” PayPal button on the right of your screen.

In order to get your badge, be sure to include your email when you purchase your support level. Next, send me an email with your Axis & Allies.org username so that I can give you the badge. david [dot] jensen {at} axisandallies (dot) org

Thanks!

If you get your badge and are not listed, it likely means I forgot so just send me a friendly reminder.

• Founder TripleA Admin

The objective for Axis & Allies .org this year is to set up the new forums. Also figuring out how to reduce the cost of file storage.

• Once again a big “Thank You” for offering and maintaining this great website.

Happy New Year!

• May I add my thanks too.

I have made my donation in recognition of the fun and enjoyment I derive from this forum. No doubt it will show shortly!

Thanks again.

• @Private:

May I add my thanks too.

I have made my donation in recognition of the fun and enjoyment I derive from this forum. No doubt it will show shortly!

Thanks again.

I concur wholeheartedly, and I’ve likewise sent in the contribution for my 2016 badge.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

I have also pledged again. Many thanks to all of your efforts. :-)

Sincerely,

John

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

I’m not here as much as I want to be but I love the site and I have to keep my badge streak going. Thanks DJ.

• New forum should have a feature that once a game is finished only the last savefile remains and all the other ones get deleted automatically. Not sure if something like that or something similar could be implemented.

• Founder TripleA Admin

@Soulblighter:

New forum should have a feature that once a game is finished only the last savefile remains and all the other ones get deleted automatically. Not sure if something like that or something similar could be implemented.

I’ve thought about this. It’s almost wiki style. The trouble is permissions. You only want the players involved to overwrite the file.

Another solution is to ask everybody to bring your own cloud storage: Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, etc.

• TripleA

@Soulblighter:

New forum should have a feature that once a game is finished only the last savefile remains and all the other ones get deleted automatically. Not sure if something like that or something similar could be implemented.

+1, this is exactly what I posted in the TripleA poll

• @djensen:

@Soulblighter:

I’ve thought about this. It’s almost wiki style. The trouble is permissions. You only want the players involved to overwrite the file.

Another solution is to ask everybody to bring your own cloud storage: Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, etc.

You can add an option in the topic that basically concludes the game. Once a game is concluded, the last save file is all that remains. Everything else will be deleted. It will also help you keep track of all ongoing games and game progress if you feel like it.

• Hey Ive just downloaded the Axis and Allies starter pack but still cant play the game on my PC.
    I have played Axis since I was 8 and cant wait to get back into it.
    Any ideas why I cant play ?

• '19 '17 '16

I would have gone gold but the damn Canadian dollar has dropped so low it would have been about Cdn $75.00 for me!!!  :x

• '17 '16

Shhhhhhhh!  :-o

• Sponsor

@Wolfshanze:

Shhhhhhhh!  :-o

That’s a good one, I get it… to be fair to you I’m suppose to crap on anyone who talks poorly about the Canadian dollar right?.

Well you won that round, I’ve got nothing…

(but I do feel a little sore below the belt considering that you made your joke directly at me while knowing I’m from Canada, but in comparison… it’s all the same delivery of the same joke I suppose).

• Founder TripleA Admin

The discount we be available for 31 days as soon as I have the 2017 stuff ready. So it’ll be something like Jan. 11 - Feb. 12, 2017.

• '13

I would like to donate now (and also in the 2017 support drive). I don’t see a donate button and searching or “donate” didn’t help. Please advise.

Thanks,
    cb4

• @cb4:

I would like to donate now (and also in the 2017 support drive). I don’t see a donate button and searching or “donate” didn’t help. Please advise.

Thanks,
    cb4

It will become available on the right side of the screen, just above the “Buy Axis & Allies” block (See there: 2017 Support Drive - Coming Soon!).

• djensenD djensen unpinned this topic on

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m