Was there a CP playbook for France first, Italy first and Russia first?

• TripleA

Was there a CP playbook for France first, Italy first and Russia first?

I thought someone made one or was I supposed to do it? Cannot find it.

I was trying to remember how I took France on round 4 or 5 two games in a row, which is when my group stopped playing this map.

• I think there might have been a thread about various Russia-First strategies, but not for Italy or France.

But if you managed to take Paris on round 5 your opponents have to be absolutely terrible at the game. Contesting it for the first turn sure, but I have no idea how you’re dealing with both Russia and Italy.

• Not sure how you did either. But sometimes the dice roll gods are not favorable and your opponent does not do the simple things.  :wink:

Russia first is pretty clear, almost everything the CP has at Russia and just enough to hold in the west and Italy.

Italy first seems like an A-H show only, can they send enough down that boot to do it? How do the Turks help?

France first would be much harder to do I would imagine. France is strong and without extra income Germany is not strong enough, are they?

• TripleA

It is actually not that hard to take Paris quickly. You can take it before it gets reinforcements from other allied powers. It is just an all out attack and you only buy units that can make it to attack paris. You deal with Russia by falling back from it.

• TripleA

Italy first is the same concept. Only buy what makes it in time to attack the capital. Germany helps AH a little from switzerland making sure no help comes from France. Everything you need for an italy first is bought in the first 2-3 rounds and moved towards it by AH.

• @Cow:

It is actually not that hard to take Paris quickly. You can take it before it gets reinforcements from other allied powers. It is just an all out attack and you only buy units that can make it to attack paris. You deal with Russia by falling back from it.

Wouldn’t Russia then become a slow moving juggernaut?

France has good $ and lots of troops and it only takes 1 unit to stop an advance.

I will try France first nextime.

In our current game, which we will return to at after diner, Paris seems really far away.

• Good luck, Legion!

I know how you feel.  Damn Parisians just seem to keep holding the lines.  Their supply routes are way better and much faster than the CPs.  Besides, France has the advantage of really only fighting a one front war.

• The biggest problem I find for a Paris-first is that Germany has to cut off reinforcements to the to-be-wrapped-up front as soon as possible. But since combat is only one round per turn, France has the huge advantage of building reinforcements during the battle while Germany doesn’t. If Germany could afford to continue supply lines it would be an easily won battle, but Austria can only stall Russia & Italy so long. And to make things worse, by the time Germany would be capturing Paris, the US & Britain are ready to land and take back captured French territory.

@Cow:

Yes, it is hard to take Paris quickly. Every German outside of Prussia plus straight fighters Round 1 & 2 is not enough against France alone. You’re going to need at least 3 rounds of fighters if nobody helps France, but there’s pretty much nothing stopping the US from getting 14 troops in Rd 6. If Germany doesn’t get lucky in its naval battles, Britain will be able to shuffle some troops across on French transports as well. Meanwhile Russia just sits in Ukraine without any threat because a 31 IPC Austria can’t deal with both a 22+ IPC Russia and 16+ IPC Italy. Not to mention Austria only starts with 48 inf, 12 art against Russia’s 36 inf, 13 art and Italy’s 24 inf, 6 art (including Albania cause they get it Rd 1 every time)

• TripleA

You have to take it by round 5, because like you said round 6 is too late. The inf that are east of germany stay east of germany. AH has to help out a little too, it is a huge all in. This is the riskier of the 3 capitals to X out first.

• Well taking Paris in round 5 is outright impossible, since you cant reach it untill r5 and you wont be able to take it in one round.
    Number are as follow´(just to be nice, Im even gonna assume you got Belgium without a single casualty): Germany; 47 inf, 16 art, 1+12 planes, France: 26+(around 30 bought inf + 3 inf from portogal)+9art(1art from portogal)+1 plane.
    The German attack in round 5: (231+163+164+131)/6 = 31.5 (even insane luck I dont think you will score 65…
    France defend: 65*3/6 = 32.5

In this Im not even taking into account that both britain and Italy can get troops into Paris by round 5…

Dont get me wrong, I like wild ideas. But claiming “Take France first, its really easy”, thats just bs =)

• TripleA

Not bs AH helps you out, since AH goes first, it how you get there fast, You hit g5 no problem. You just got to do it.

• Yea right, no problem as you say =)
    By AH you mean the 12 inf and 4 art in range just goes france as well? As you say as they goes first in round 5, their entire stack will get killed in that attack (12inf, 4art vs 59inf, 9art, 1plane =))…

Could you please be specific how you kill France within 5 round?

Or else I can just as easily claim that I have an super AH strat that works every time. I take UK in round 4. Dont ask how, just do it, very easy, the Ottomans helps out!

• TripleA

You just shove everything that makes it in five rounds towards france, full yolo. Buy only units that make it there, only move units that make it there by round 5 and some extra units for round 6 (in case some crazy liberation thing goes on).

That is it, full yolo. After you lose first time doing it, you do it again second time, you will have it much improved and you get it.

• Ok. But my number are correct in the AH and Germany round 5 attack?

AH vs France
    12inf, 4art vs 59inf, 9 art, 1plane

Germany vs France
    47inf, 16 art, 13 plane vs 59 inf(minus the ones AH manage to kill), 9 art, 1plane

Just yes or no, is the above a correct description?

• TripleA

Yeah about right. It is a nut buster.

• Well do you agree that first fight is a complete suicide fight where AH will get wiped out and a best case scenario they can hope for is to kill 6-7 AH inf?
    Do you also agree that even with insane luck the Germany forces wont wipe out the remaining 60 AH units in round 5 but perhaps only half that? During all this time wouldent a decent UK partner had a plan in place to reenforce Paris by this time? I mean The opening move by AH says it all and after Germanies first turn its even obvious to a blind person what is happening…

• TripleA

you should have horses or something in there too, your g1 /g2 buy.

• Hmm my 1914 box fell short of providing horses as pieces =)

• TripleA

^^

• TripleA

Yeah France first is super rough.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m