Limits on the number of groupings for each unit?

• Is there a limit on how many different groups of units can exist?  For example, Japan only comes with 6 tank pieces, are they limited to just different 6 tank groupings?

• No, but you’ll have to find another way to denote tanks. Maybe you could use pieces from another A&A game.

• That is what I thought but the other team did a google search mid-game and found an FAQ for the 2nd edition of the original game which said you couldn’t, which created even more confusion.

Can I have more stacks of bombers (or battleships, or whatever) than there are bomber pieces? If so, how would I mark them?
    Marking them isn’t a problem because you can’t have them in the first place. The number of playing pieces is a limit on how many forces can be in play. No one, for example, can have more than three bomber forces, or more than two carrier groups. The only exception to this absolute limit is chips; if you run out of chips you can use anything else as a substitute: pennies, beads, slips of paper, or whatever works for your game.
    Note that this applies throughout the entire turn. A stack of six bombers can’t split up into more than three groups when they fly out to attack.

• On page 7 of the 1942 rulebook, under the “Plastic Chips” section, it says:

“(If you do not have enough pieces to top off all your stacks, simply use any identifying item, such as a piece of paper with the unit type written on it.) The number of
    stacks is not limited by the number of plastic pieces available.”

• Awesome thanks.

• In the 1984 version of the game (Milton Bradley) you were limited to the pieces in the game. Looks like they managed to find a copy of the old rule book online.  Nothing more than trivia though at this point.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m