• Ive played about 10 games of this and axis has won all but 1 soo my question to all of you is there. A strategie that yo guys do to win with allies… any tips would be nice thanks  :-o

• '16 '15 '10

Playing with a bid to Allies makes it alot easier.  I can’t remember what the standard bid was….i think around 12?  So that means 12 ipcs of extra units to Allies for Allies to place before the game starts.

• TripleA

I think 9 is enough for a dice game ll 9-12

• Lend-Lease for Russia, placing American and British units into Russia. My son started bringing US tanks from Alaska into Soviet Far East, which helped Russia. It slowed any attack on England I was planning.

• @Fizz:

Ive played about 10 games of this and axis has won all but 1 soo my question to all of you is there. A strategie that yo guys do to win with allies… any tips would be nice thanks  :-o

Are you playing with National Objectives?  Those tend to favor the Axis.
    Tech is always a wild card, even with the two charts.  If you do use the out of the box techs, the allies have the early extra cash to spend on weapons.  Good luck, maybe you’ll get those long range paratroopers for USA that can’t be stopped!

• @Fizz:

Ive played about 10 games of this and axis has won all but 1 soo my question to all of you is there. A strategie that yo guys do to win with allies… any tips would be nice thanks  :-o

One simple rule change that we implement is a Restricted Dardenelles straight: 
    Bulgaria is the only territory accessible via transport(s) in sz16.

This helps keep some of the axis med fleet off Caucasus, helping Russia on that front.

More ideas that we use

Here are our Chicago Rules bid rules:
    Bids under Chicago Rules

Add units before game play begins.  Only one additional unit per territory/sea zone.  The territory/sea zone must already contain at least one unit to permit a bid unit to be added.  No Bombers, Battleships, or Aircraft Carriers can be placed as part of any bid.

Russia may not place more than $10 worth of units (no tanks may be bid) in the following combination of territories:
    Karelia, Baltic States, Eastern Poland, Ukraine, Eastern Ukraine, Belorussia, Archangelsk, Urals, Russia, Caucasus, Kazakh, Novosibirsk or Evenki National Okrug.

Chinese inf may be also be bid units, at a cost of $2.  Other Chinese bid units are regular cost.

Bidding Rules:

1. Allies may bid $28, with a maximum of $25 being placed as instant units, remaining $3 can be split amongst the allies, being added to their first round IPC bank.  Dardanelles straight is closed.
    2. The allies can bid to Open the Dardanelles straight, with the resulting bid increasing to $30.  Same restrictions apply.
    3. If the allies have not opened the Dardanelles straight (bid option #2), the axis can ‘force open’ the Dardanelles Straight, but the bid level is now $36 (as a penalty for forcing open the canal).  $4 of that bid must be an artillery for Russia in the Caucasus.  The Caucasus artillery must be included in the $10 limit of Russian bid units.  The $25 unit limitation is still in effect.  In other words, the bid is $25 in units, $4 (Russian artillery in Caucasus), and $7 in cash to be split amongst the allied countries as the allies deem fit.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m