• So I’m planing a game and I’m going to have 4 hours of playing time. So it’s obvious that were not going to finish the game so I’m trying to invent a victory condition. I thought about economic victory but than the CPs and Allies are going to focus on economy than the actual victory. So I’m try to say is that I want a condition that doesn’t take their focus off the real victory and we are using OOB rules since I’m teaching these guys the game.

Do you guys think adding some VCs (like Budapest and St. Petersburg) and who ever has the most wins is a good idea?

So some help or advise would be nice. :-D

• Hmm, how about whoever takes the first capital wins? Or is it too easy for the CP’s to take Russia?

• Nice idea but yeah I think the CPs will go for Moscow.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

I think VCs could definitely work!

Allied VCs ( 12 ):
    London, Cairo, Bombay
    Paris, Algiers, Metz (Lorraine)
    Rome, Venice
    Moscow, Warsaw, Odessa, Belgrade

Central Powers VCs ( 8 ):
    Berlin, Cologne (Ruhr), Breslau (Silesia), Dar es Salaam (German East Africa)
    Vienna, Budapest
    Constantinople, Baghdad (Mesopotamia)

Win by holding 14+ victory cities at the end of any round.

• I agree, great idea!

• @Argothair:

Constantinople, Mesopotamia

I don’t understand Mesopotamia you mean something like Baghdad?

• Yes, that would be the capital of Mesopotamia.

• I suppose you could also do Damascus (Syrian Desert)

• How do you guys mark the VCs? I was thinking to use stickers but I’m wondering if it will damage the map or leave a mark.

Something not to big and I do not want to draw on it.

Edit- I just came up with a solution so never mind.

• @Frederick:

How do you guys mark the VCs? I was thinking to use stickers but I’m wondering if it will damage the map or leave a mark.

What did you come up with?

• Customizer

VCs is the way to go. The number held for victory depends on the number of turns played; essentially the CPs must hold X VCs at the end of turn Y to win, otherwise the Allies are assumed to have held out and will win eventually.

The Tounament rules (economic collapse) do not work as the CPs will always occupy more enemy tt than they lose of their own.

Lorraine (I have Verdun), Venice, Warsaw & Belgrade are pretty much given; beyond this the CPs have to be doing very well to get the extra cities.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Frederick:

How do you guys mark the VCs? I was thinking to use stickers but I’m wondering if it will damage the map or leave a mark.

What did you come up with?

I use legos they are pretty nice to use. Even though they aren’t the best thing to use in Axis and Allies. :-D

@Flashman:

Lorraine (I have Verdun)

Yes I agree with you on Verdun.

• Here’s what I came up with.

Whoever has the most victory points wins the game.
    To gain a victory point do the following.

1. Economic Victory-Whoever has the highest ipc production gains a VP.

2. Capturing a Capital-If you capture an enemy capital you gain a VP even if it was liberated.

3. Victory Cities-Whoever has the most VCs gains a VP.
    Allies 10 VCs
    London, Cairo, Bombay, Paris, Verdun(Lorraine), Moscow, St. Petersburg, Warsaw, Sevastopol, and Rome.
    Central Powers 6 VCs
    Berlin, Colonge(Ruhr), Vienna, Budapest, Constantinople, and Baghdad(Mesopotamia).

Any questions on this?

• @Frederick:

Any questions on this?

A mixture of questions and comments.  The questions have to do with the part that says “Whoever has the highest ipc production gains a VP.”  Has the most IPCs when?  At the end of every round of play or at some other frequency or at the end of the game?  At what moment are these VPs collected?  And is there any problem (there may not be; I’m just thinking out loud) with the fact that this creates a kind of “double-dipping”?  In other words, a player is rewarded twice for holding an IPC-generating territory – once for its cash value and once for the “VP value of the cash value”, which is a kind of surtax-in-reverse.  And if an IPC-generating territory also contains a Victory City, would this in effect create a “triple-dipping” reward for capturing it?

The comment is about a (sort of) philosophical issue that I once mentioned in some other discussion thread that pertained to VCs.  Your rule says that “If you capture a capital you gain a VP even if it was liberated.”  Let’s say that the Russian player loses Moscow 10 times and recaptures it 10 times, with each recapture earning him 1 VP.  The issue this raises is: should a general who loses his capital 10 times (even though he recaptures it the same number of times) be considered to be doing a better job (and be rewarded accordingly) than a general who successfully defends his capital against 10 attacks and never loses it at all?  I’m inclined to think that losing your capital is something that should be seen as a very bad event, even if you manage to recapture it later.  So perhaps what you could have is a system that rewards an attacker if he successfully captures an enemy capital and which rewards a defender for successfully repelling an attack against his own capital.

• @CWO:

@Frederick:

Any questions on this?

A mixture of questions and comments.  The questions have to do with the part that says “Whoever has the highest ipc production gains a VP.”  Has the most IPCs when?  At the end of every round of play or at some other frequency or at the end of the game?  At what moment are these VPs collected?  And is there any problem (there may not be; I’m just thinking out loud) with the fact that this creates a kind of “double-dipping”?  In other words, a player is rewarded twice for holding an IPC-generating territory – once for its cash value and once for the “VP value of the cash value”, which is a kind of surtax-in-reverse.  And if an IPC-generating territory also contains a Victory City, would this in effect create a “triple-dipping” reward for capturing it?

The comment is about a (sort of) philosophical issue that I once mentioned in some other discussion thread that pertained to VCs.  Your rule says that “If you capture a capital you gain a VP even if it was liberated.”  Let’s say that the Russian player loses Moscow 10 times and recaptures it 10 times, with each recapture earning him 1 VP.  The issue this raises is: should a general who loses his capital 10 times (even though he recaptures it the same number of times) be considered to be doing a better job (and be rewarded accordingly) than a general who successfully defends his capital against 10 attacks and never loses it at all?  I’m inclined to think that losing your capital is something that should be seen as a very bad event, even if you manage to recapture it later.  So perhaps what you could have is a system that rewards an attacker if he successfully captures an enemy capital and which rewards a defender for successfully repelling an attack against his own capital.

The time you add up the VPs is when your time is up. Your time can be anything so what I’m try to say is like if you have 5 hours to play a game you play until your time is up then you see how many VPs your side gains or has and whoever has the most wins.

When you say that if Moscow was taken and liberated 10 times and gains 10 VPs that doesn’t work that way. What I was saying is when you capture a capital you gain a VP from that capital and when I mean liberated I mean that if that capital was liberated you still keep the VP but if you recapture that same capital you don’t gain another VP and that capital can’t be a capital that’s on your side. I’m sorry if I didn’t make myself clear on that.

• Ah, okay, now I understand better.  Thanks for the additional details.

• Customizer

I favour a system where the CPs have to hold X number of VCs at the end of turn Y to have won. It is essentially a curve based on the extent of expansion they are expected to have reached after a specific number of rounds.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m